Chapter 18: Nemo & Dory

Standing before me now is one of the largest underground shopping mall in Asia. Coex mall.

Woah, I mumbled to myself.

As I was still taking in the beauty of the infrastructure, someone approached me from the back and placed a cap on my head.

I turned and looked up, only to face a guy who was wearing a cap and shades, staring straight into my eyes. I jumped back in fright but fortunately, he caught me just in time.

"Careful, Wendy-ssi!", he warned as he caught my arms.

OMO! He even know my name!

He supported me back to my original standing position.

"I knew that you will just come out like this! You may not be used to this yet but it's safer to come out looking like me. You will need this again the next time", he pointed to the cap and said to me.

On closer look, I realized that it was Jin. I couldn't believe that I almost not recognize him.

"Oppa! You scare me right there!", I punched his arm lightly. "Since you are here already, let's enter!", I chirped.

-
-
-

"What? You aren't here to shop but for this?", he asked, a little uncertain on what was I thinking.

I nodded my head enthusiastically and began dragging him in.

"2 tickets for adults please!"

We got our tickets from the ticketing counter and finally began our adventure there.

The Coex Aquarium, which opened in 2000, is situated at Samseong-dong COEX Mall and is home to 40,000 marine creatures from 650 different species. As the largest marine theme park in Korea, COEX Aquarium showcases the incredible diversity of aquatic life around the globe across a series of 14 themed discovery zones, from the heights of the Andean mountains to the depths of the Amazonian rainforest, in ecosystems ranging from rivers and swamps to the deep sea.

I am so glad that I'm finally here! It has always been a place I want to visit in Korea, just like how I adore the Underwater World and Sea Aquarium back in Singapore. It gives me peace and serenity.

Printing my face on the glass panel, I closed my eyes peacefully and enjoyed the moment. I was so mesmerized by the different species of marine creatures which were roaming around in the water and I felt as though I was swimming along with them. Subsequently, Jin appeared from the back, placing his hands over my ears. He then whispered to me softly, "Hope that this helps."

I smiled at his action and thank him.

-
-
-

"Oppa! Ppali! Yeo-gi!", I tossed him my phone and signaled him to take a picture of the stingray and I. He took a few pictures for me and as we were about to leave, an American couple walked to us.

"Hi, do you two wanna take a picture together as well? 'Cos we can help you!", the lady gave us a friendly smile.

I looked at Jin and we both responded at that same time.

"Sure, that would be great!"

We had the aquarium as our background and we just stood next to each other awkwardly, not knowing what pose to do.

"Hey, you guys might wanna come closer a little bit! Maybe you can hug or hold on to your girlfriend?", the American guy suggested to Jin.

I was about to tell him that we weren't a couple when Jin suddenly placed his arms around my waist for an intimate shot. Shocked, I looked at Jin immediately, but he was staring straight at the camera.