Chapter 6: Ice

"HYUNG! GWAENCHANH-AYO?", I could see the members' worried faces and the staffs were all panicking as they could not think of wha to do in such a sudden event.

I pushed my way through, only to see Mark lying on the ground, crying out in pain. It seems that he had a fail attempt in performing the backflip and he had hurt his knee.

I could already see it bruising and swollen at his right patella region. Ouch, he must have hurt a lot.

Okay, let me think.

Acute stage of injury, swollen, warmth, bruising. R.I.C.E! (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation), I started to recall everything I have learnt from my PAPA (Principles and Application of Physical Agents) lesson. I need to perform those steps.

"JB, do you guys have any ice pack here? It seems that Mark had a trauma to his knee and I need it to reduce his swelling and pain with it right now!", I asked JB right away as he was the team leader.

With any further ado, the guys got everything ready and I started applying the ice pack on Mark's knee.

"How are you feeling now?", I finally looked into Mark's eyes and asked with concern.

-
-
-

MARK'S POV:

I stared into her black orbs which were meeting mine now.

It was only until a hand was waving at me at the front that I realized that I had been stoning and staring at her for way too long.

"Mark, I asked you how are you feeling now? Can you hear me?", Wendy repeated while looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Oh."

Her face was still frowning as she waited for my answer.

"Yea, I'm good", I replied quickly and attempted to stand up. However, her hand pulled me back down again.

"Yah! You are not supposed to move about! You are still in the middle of treatment!", she ordered.

Actually, I'm no good. This is the very first time my heart had pumped so fast since my debut.

Somehow, I wasn't feeling right.

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

Was he crazy? He tried standing up halfway through the treatment?!

Well, maybe I'm in the wrong too since I had skip all the subjective, objective assessments and warnings.

I pulled his hand, causing him to plop back down again and I rearranged the ice pack on his knee. I even ordered Jackson to be his back rest so that he could at least feel comfortable.

Looking at my watch, there's still another 10minutes to go.

I got back up from the kneeling position and wept the sweat off my face.

"Now, just stay put for the next 10minutes", I said while gulping down the bottle of water Jr had just passed to me.

"HOW DID YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO IN SUCH A SHORT TIME?", Bambam looked at me in disbelief.

I got caught by his question and I almost choked on the water.

"Yea, how did you do that?", Yugyeom added on.

Now everyone had their eyes on me.

I shrugged my shoulders nervously and tried to change the topic by asking for Mark's pain scale again.

All he did was to give me a thumbs up sign to show that he was all well and it ended much with Jackson complaining the most, that his back was now aching all over.

When the time of the treatment was up, I quickly excused myself from the room, claiming that I had a training scheduled next.

Phew, what a close shave from blowing up my cover.

-
-
-

The rest of the day didn't end up too well for me. I have initially wanted to use any one of the music rooms to fix my boredom but it seemed like Min unnie kept getting in my way.

Just like what Yerin and Jimin had warned me before, Min was really giving me a hard time. She made me feel like I was banned from using all the instruments and equipment unless I could reach a certain level up to her standard.

I understand that she must have felt so unfair about Jin Young hyung recruiting me for absolutely no talent, when she had actually trained for a total of 7 years before she could debut as a member of Miss A. But, I couldn't possibly admit to her that I'm not even a trainee in the first place.

My role here was to be a peacemaker so all I did was to put up with her nonsense and locked myself in the dorm for the rest of the day.

Now, I can finally breathe in fresh air as I set my arms free and take up the mesmerizing night scenery of Seoul from the Han River.

-
-
-

MARK'S POV

"Guys, do you all need anything from the convenience store?", I asked as I put on my coat and boots.

The members look back at me from their video games and Youngjae quickly ran towards me.

"Hyung! Where do you think you are going?"

"Yeah, you are suppose to rest!"

"Tell us what you need instead and we will get it for you!", one by one they asked and jostled their way to me.

"Chebal, leave me alone", I distanced myself about an arm length away from them.

"I just want to buy some ointment and food. Besides, the treatment earlier on was effective enough to reduce the inflammation and pain already, so don't you guys worry."

"But Wendy noona said-"

"Nah, I don't have to stick to everything she says right?", I rolled my eyes at Bambam who then pouted at my reaction.

I mean I just want to head outside for some fresh air rather than being stuck in the dorm because of some minor injury.

Rubbing Bambam's head, I promised the guys that I will buy them some drinks and will be back in a jiffy.

-
-
-

Within 10 minutes, I gathered all the drinks and necessities and was heading back in the direction of our dorm when someone caught my attention from afar.

She looked as though she was deep in her thoughts and her face wasn't really showing signs of happiness.

Her body was also shivering from the cold.

I wonder what was she doing there alone in the cold.

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

Ahhhh... How am I going to start off with my report and what else can I do to help Jin Young hyung?

I have been cracking my head on the same question for the past thirty minutes. I felt so stress that I couldn't think of any solution and to make it worse, a gust of cold wind suddenly blew and it was so cold that it made my goosebumps stand.

As I started hugging myself in the cold, I suddenly felt a warm coat being laid over my shoulder.

I turned back only to come face to face with Mark.

----------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Any comments? Please? Hahaha

<3,

Wendy (: