Chapter 2: Seoul, here I come!

"WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT THIS WENDY?", my mum threw the contract on the table and shouted at me.

Yeah, am I serious about this? Was i in the right soul and mind to have really agreed to that and signed the contract.

*FLASHBACK*

"Mr Park, what do you mean? Are you asking me to be a spy?", I gave him a surprised look after re-reading the contract for the tenth time.

"Yes, erm... Sorry, what's your name?"

"Wendy."

"Yes, Wendy. I will not actually call it being a spy, but let's just say I want to find out more about our artists..."

"But wouldn't this be mean... I mean intruding into their privacy?", I clenched my teeth.

Being an avid fan of GOT7, how will the GOT7 oppas see me as when they find out that I'm a betrayer.

I'm a spy.

Park Jin Young folded his arms and thought for moment.

"Wendy, you know, I have always been a CEO of JYP to my artists and I have not really communicated well with them as they have always thought very highly of me and didn't even dare to joke with me. As a CEO, and also, as a hyung and oppa to them, I want them to be able to set their minds free and seek for me to listen to their opinions. I want to know how they feel. Like do they enjoy what they are currently doing and are they in the right paths... I don't want them to feel being pressurized by me all the time. As you probably heard on Roommate, I once told Jackson from GOT7 to go back home as he was not doing well during the recording session. Honestly speaking, I kind of regretted that. How could I have not thought about his feelings when I just absentmindedly made that decision myself...", he spoke solemnly and looked down on the ground. He said everything in fluent English.

I tried to hold back my tears as what he just said really touched me. Thinking of it, it wouldn't really be a bad idea now. I will get to meet all of the JYP artists and most of all, GOT7! Mark Tuan has always been my bias in the group and I will finally have the chance to meet him! Well, consider me lucky to have been confronted by Park Jin Young himself.

I should feel honored!

Putting one hand on his, I gave him a reassuring look.

"Okay Mr Park, I will help you. But only for two months."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Look Mum, think of it in this way. I will actually be a mediator to everyone there and I will bring peace to the company! JYP! It's JYP ENTERTAINMENT!!! And I will get to mingle around with the artists! How cool is that! And just nice, I have a two months break! And don't you worry about the costs, Mr Park said that he will be sponsoring everything for me! This really means a lot to him!"

My mum just smiled weakly. She placed her hands on my face and looked into my eyes.

"Wendy, it's not about that. I'm afraid that you will get hurt. I'm afraid that you will not be able to fit in. You can't really sing, dance and speak Korean. What will people think of you once you reach there? And most of all, I'm afraid that you will get into some unnecessary trouble. You know how the media is nowadays..."

Awww... How sweet of my mum to have thought through so well for me.

I immediately reached out and gave my mum a warm and affectionate hug.

I leaned on her shoulder and whispered into her ears, "Thank you so much Mum. I know you care for me very much, but I really want to give this a try! Anyway, 助人为快乐之本嘛!(Helping others as one's happiness) Isn't that what you always say to me?"

She then patted my head.

"And HEY! I'm not really that bad Mum! How could you have thought so lowly of me?!", I joked.

-
-
-

Finally, the day has arrived. I bid farewell to my family as I walked into the departure hall of Changi airport. They were the only ones who were present to send me off as I could not let any others know of such a plan. For the next two months, my parents have entrusted me to Park Jin Young and he promised them to take good care of me or he will slaughter himself. LOL.

Soon, I was already on my flight to Seoul, South Korea.

I was busy meddling around in my seat with the facilities I got to enjoy on the Business Class section of the plane. It was my very first time and I was mesmerized by it.

"Now now now Wendy, are you really that excited?", Park Jin Young chuckled at me.

Ohmy, I must be really disgraceful uh.

I stopped moving and sat tight.

I looked from the corner of my eyes and I could see Park Jin Young still staring at me.

"I'm sorry, Mr Park", I gave in.

"Oh no no no! I don't mean that. I mean it's really great to see you being so happy and excited. I was really worried that you didn't really feel like being here..."

Oh, so Park Jin Young cared about me too.

I cleared my throat as I spoke,

"No worries Mr Park, I'm alright with this whole idea. It's just that... How will my role come in?"

"Erm... About this. I spoke with my assistants and the board. We thought that we will just introduce you as a new trainee to the artists. I just want to see their reactions to this since you've got.. Oh never mind."

"No talent in singing and dancing at all in the first place?", I continued for him.

He seemed flustered but I gave him a cheeky smile.

It may hurt a little but well, it's the truth. Anyway, I myself is quite interested in seeing the artists' reactions as well.

Will they really accept me? Will Got7 accept me?

"Sorry about that", Park Jin Young apologized with guilt.

"Anyway, please stop calling me Mr Park. It makes me feel really uncomfortable as my main aim is to be able to mingle around with you youngsters. You can address me as 'oppa' instead."

"How about hyung?"

Really, I feel more comfortable with that and less awkward too.

"Wendy, in Korea, the ladies will address guys older than them by oppa and only guys will-"

"Yes I know hyung! It's just that I'm more comfortable with this way of saying. Can I call you hyung really? Can I?"

I pouted and Park Jin Young laughed at me.

"Alright alright, I lose...", he raised up his arms to show that he surrendered.

"Thanks hyung!"

After which, I turned back to face the window and I took out the contract which I signed a few days ago.

I, Wendy Loh will take up the position of the "The Mediator" for the next two months in JYP. I promise not to disclose any personal information of the artists to the media or anyone else besides the staff in JYP and I will not be able to enter into any relationship with any of the JYP artists.

I sighed. Will I be able to do well?

I looked out of the window.

Seoul, here I come!

----------------------------------------------
Author's note:

Finished one more chapter so why not post it again?

I know that my story is quite draggy but I prefer taking things slowly rather than rushing it through and missing out on some important points.

Anyway still, hope that you guys will enjoy it. Stay tuned as the JYP artists will be showing up in the next chapter!

Goodnight everybody!

Ps. I really appreciate comments! :D

<3,

Wendy :)