Chapter 23: Party and confessions

The sky was turning dark now and it's time for me to head back.

I had spent my day doing some window shopping around Dongdaemun, although most of the time, patronizing the food stalls. I got myself a lot of food to serve as a small party for myself and was easily pleased just by doing so.

I was still munching onto my fish cake as I took the elevator up to the dorm. No one else had called or wished me after Jin and my family did. I sighed as it's a pity that my birthday is just going to end like this in another two hours time.

Yea yea, you are just a mediator, Wendy. Stop expecting too much from people, I said to myself.

I turned the doorknob and let myself in. The dorm was pitch dark and there was silence.

Looks like Jimin and Yerin were either sleeping already or still not yet back from their busy schedule.

Gently closing the door behind me in case they were sleeping, I tiptoed my way back into my room.

Just as I entered, the lights turned on and I was taken aback by the sight.

15&, GOT7 and BTS members were all gathered in my room and at one corner, I even noticed Suzy being crushed by the boys.

"What are you guys all doing here?", I gave them an astonished look.

Bambam pointed up at the ceiling and winked at me.

There was a banner up there and it read,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY! <3

And they started to sing,

saengil chukha hamnida~
saengil chukha hamnida~ saranghaneun Wendy~
saengil chukha hamnida!

Omo. They knew! They remembered that today's my birthday!

I covered my mouth in amazement and tears started flowing down naturally. I was so touched by them.

One by one, they came to wish and hug me.

"Aish! Wendy-ssi! We were so worried that you would not turn up before 12!", Jackson hit my head as he said.

"Yeah, before that we were actually worried that you might come home early before we could finish up with the decorations", Jr added.

"But luckily you came back just in time noona! Happy birthday and do you like what we have planned for you?", Jungkook leaned his face towards me and asked, only to be pushed aside by Jin.

"Hey", he smiled at me.

"Hi."

"Happy birthday, again", he scratched the back of his head and said.

"Gomawo oppa. I think you didn't hear me say that when you hung up on me earlier on...", I gave him a pout.

"Oh that. Ahem, anyway... Aigoo~~~~ My Wendy-ssi is still as cute as before~~~", he pinched my cheeks and I quickly responded by hitting his arms.

"YAH OPPA! A-PEUN DA!"

I was glad that our close relationship went back like before just within a few seconds.

Next, Suzy walked towards me and wished me too.

"I represent the other Miss A members in wishing you as well. Fighting on your trainings and I'm sure that you will debut soon", she said sincerely.

Awwww... She's being so sweet. Even though I clearly know that Min, Fei and Jia wouldn't have sent her to wish me, I'm still touched by her thoughtfulness.