Chapter 15: Jealousy

The sun rose in a pool of crimson and gold, spilling light all over the land and the white clouds.

It was already the second day of my home stay and I was the first to wake up. I turned to my sides to see Youngji and Guk Joo unnie sleeping soundly still.

So good, they still get to sleep.

I stretched out my arms and yawned. It was decided yesterday that Jin and I will be making breakfast for everyone today, so I rose up from my bed and went to the bathroom to wash up after which.

I then started heading downstairs to the kitchen. Along the way down, I noticed that someone was sleeping on the sofa at the living room.

Hmm... Who could that be?

As I got closer and closer, I realized that it was a familiar figure.

Isn't that Mark oppa?

I pinched my hand to check if I was really awake and I yelped in pain.

Gosh, what is he doing here?

I took a step closer to him and studied his face. He was frowning in his sleep and I thought that it could probably be due to the bright morning sunlight that was directly shining at him.

Reaching out for the nearby whiteboard, I pulled it over carefully, quiet enough not to wake him up in the process.

Yea, this would be much better, I swept my hands after my proud accomplishment. The whiteboard was now placed in front of him, shielding most of the sunlight.

"Wendy-ssi."

I was so appalled by the sudden call that I jumped and accidentally slipped on the mat behind me. Losing my balance, I found myself falling towards Mark's direction.

Plonk.

I landed on him and he was startled from his sleep.

"Mwo...", he opened his eyes slightly.

I was now looking into his eyes and our lips were just a few inches apart.

"YAH YAH YAH! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING THERE?"

I turned towards the direction of the owner of the voice and discovered that it was Jin.

"Oppa", I said softly while staring at him in confusion.

His eyes then widened and signaled to me that I should somehow pay more attention to the subject in front of me now.

I turned back only to face Mark and I quickly looked away again.

Wait what?!

I twirled back once more.

Oh yes, Mark! I was lying on Mark all along!

I finally snapped out from the state of confusion and stood up abruptly, fixing my gaze on the floor after that.

There was an awkward moment of silence among the three of us now.

I swallowed my saliva and finally spoke minutes later.

"Erm... I better start making breakfast now or else everybody will start waking up soon...", I dragged Jin back into the kitchen, leaving Mark alone, looking dumbfounded.

-
-
-

I began frying the eggs, trying hard to shift my focus more to the cooking.

However, the close proximity with Mark previously reminded me of him using my photo as his phone's wallpaper and it troubled me more. Why did he used it? And also, there's still something going on between him and Wendy Wang?