Care Packages

Hi everyone. Just wanted to inform you all that tomorrow I am starting school again. Unfortunately, I had to quit student teaching in the spring due to personal issues and my low immune system so I did not graduate in May. I am taking additional coursework this semester and hopefully within a few months/year everyone is vaccinated and I can resume student teaching and graduate. With me being in school, updates will be whenever I have the time.

(Mia's POV)

Hopefully today is a good day, is my first thought when I awoke this Monday morning. Undoubtedly, today has all the makings of a good day. First, I slept in today since Alexander is driving me to an unknown location to help assemble the care packages. Secondly, we are helping people with the care packages. Thirdly, I am able to dress for comfort today instead of the business casual. Ultimately, today should be a relatively peaceful day. So I am praying that there will be no drama.

Trying to maximize the time in bed today since I know assembling all the care packages will tire me out. At 8:45am I rush to complete a quick five minute shower and following that I hurriedly dry my hair and brush my teeth and hair. By 8:55 I am throwing on my maroon long sleeve shirt and black sweatpants with a black hoodie. Just as I finished Alexander pulls up to my house and honks to grab my attention.

After checking that I locked everything, I head to Alexander's Ford truck.

Opening the car door, I observe Alexander in a white button down dress shirt and black khaki pants.

Beating him to be the first one to speak, I greet him-Good morning, Alexander.

Smiling he replies-Good morning, love. Are you ready for today?

Excitedly I response-Yes. I am looking forward to assembling the care packages. Hopefully by the end of the day today we will have finished them and they will be on their way to their recipients. 

He nods and smiles like he is up to something.

As he starts to drive, I ask him why he is driving a truck?

He answers-I was thinking that if we finish early enough, I can help you drop off some of the students care packages at the school.

Smiling at his thoughtfulness, I reply-That is an excellent idea. My head of department already gave me permission to utilize one of the classrooms in the history hallway not in use for the students to pick up the care packages without attention being brought on to them.

He smiles before reaching in the back at a stop light and hands me a Dunkin' Donuts bag. 

Seeing the surprised look on my face, he explains-It would be out of the norm for me to pick you up in the morning and not bring some glazed munchkins for us to share. 

Laughing I say-Like the old times it was much simpler then. In fact, I have only had a few since then since I felt like they changed the recipe as they were dry and had little glaze. 

Seeing him beginning to frown I say-Don't worry. I will try one again. Who knows. Maybe they changed for the better.

Smiling at my response, he agreed-Since we last had them, I can count on one hand how many times I have eaten them. Obviously, they were not as enjoyable as eating them with you. Could be a change of recipe or a lack of delightful company. I agree, maybe since the time we been apart they changed for the better.

The both of us grabbed a munchkin and bite into it at the same time at a stop light. Looking into each other eyes we state-Definitely changed for the better.

Both of us not missing the underlying message that just like the donuts we might have changed for the better in the time apart.

Just in time we finished the bag before Alexander pulls into a parking lot in front of a massive warehouse.