I Love You

(Mia's POV)

Immediately upon waking up, I am blinded by the bright lights and the monitors beeping in the hospital room. From my head to my toes, my entire body is aching. As I scan my body to comprehend my injuries, I notice that my head is bandaged and my stomach is wrapped. Also, someone had the foresight to put a glove on my hand with the IV since they must know that I panic at the site of the IV. 

As I glance around the hospital room, I can tell it is a VIP double room due to the luxury. However, the spot next to my bed is empty. 

While I am trying to comprehend everything that has happened, a doctor comes into the room. 

The doctor is a Caucasian male in his late 50s with white hair and kind brown eyes. He has an air about him that he is a highly intelligent and capable doctor.

Stopping before my bed he says-Hello Ms. Davis. I am Doctor Robert Miller. As the chief physician at Davis Healthcare, I will personally be attending to you.

After his brief introduction, he moves on to say-Fortunately, you were not severely hurt in the attack. Now that you are awake we need to run a couple of tests, but so far you only have a concussion and severe bruising.

As he is about to continue speaking, I interrupt him to demand information-What about Alexander? Is he alive? Why are we at this hospital? Who told you to put a glove on my hand knowing I am afraid of IVs?

Calmly he states-Mr. Wilson is not out of the woods yet. Currently, he is in surgery to repair the damage from the wounds and extract the bullets from his body. The attack only occurred a few hours ago. As a result of your concussion, we needed to wake you up to assess the damage. All I know is that the three bullets did not hit any major areas but he suffered a large amount of blood loss. Right now, my second in command is operating on him. Do not worry as he has an exceptionally high success rate and is one of the best trauma surgeons in the country, so he is in good hands. The ambulance brought the both of you here since it is the nearest hospital from the attack site. As for the person who informed us of your fear of IVs it was your father. Consequently, the nurse put a glove on your hand so the IV will be out of your sight. Through I am curious why you have such a fear?

Trying to remain calm, I answer him-When I was a child I needed to get blood work done. My father was with me in a separate room at the doctor's office when we heard a commotion down the hall from us. We opened the door and saw a child nearly bleed out. Apparently, a nurse in training made a mistake with the IV to where the blood was gushing out of the tube for a few minutes until the doctors were able to stop the bleeding. Since then I have had the fear of IVs because it reminds me of that day. Is my father here?

He frowns and says-No. As you still have a restraining order against him. However, he has given us orders to ensure that Mr. Wilson and you are our top priority. Which is why the spot next to you is currently empty. The staff will bring Mr. Wilson here after his surgery. Also your father told me to inform you that the bill for the both of you is covered. Additionally, he wanted me to convey that he is thankful that you are mostly unharmed and alive. 

Taking a second to pause before he continues saying-Which reminds me, Mr. Wilson and you are perfectly safe here. There are countless bodyguards surveying the halls and the perpetrators of your attack are currently in a jail cell. Before you ask me any more questions, that is all I know. My focus has been on getting the both of you better. Which leads me to tell you what is going to happen now. After asking you a few questions we are going to wheel you in for additional scans and tests. Afterwards you will need to rest. However, we must wake you up every few hours due to your concussion. Do not worry about Mr. Wilson as he is going to be in surgery for a couple more hours and the earliest possible time for him to wake up will not be until tomorrow due to the pain medication we have him on.