Plans For The New Year

(Alexander's POV)

The next few days flew by and on New Year's Eve, both of us were able to leave the hospital.

Once the healthcare workers that transported me into my house left, Mia exclaims-I still cannot believe that the hospital released you so early!

Smirking he says-It pays off to be the richest man in the world. The hospital was able to stabilize me and now I am at the stage for further treatment. Undoubtedly, I am going to receive better care here than I would at the hospital. Given that I have hired the leading specialists in the areas I need treatment in. Furthermore, until I fully recover they will be living on this property.

Still smirking he says-There is nothing for you to be jealous about as I am not going to have any hot female doctors or nurses helping me on my recovery considering that everyone I hired is male.

She smirks-I wouldn't have been jealous. Since I know your heart is mine. Maybe if you are a good patient I will dress up in a nurse costume.

Shocked he exclaims-Really!

Bursting out laughing she says-Not right now. For the chance of that even happening we would need to be husband and wife and there would need to be the right circumstances. However, you could utilize that imagery while you recover.

(In his head)-Trust me, love. I will be using that imagery in my head. Naturally, once we are husband and wife we truly ought to play out this scene. When we do so, I can say I will be the naughtiest of patients. 

Out loud he says-It is so refreshing to hear you mentioning our future and not fighting with me about it. 

Smiling she says-I agree. Already, I have experienced less stress now that we are working with each other on our future and not fighting against it. Which reminds me we need to talk about both of us going to therapy both as a couple and as individuals and everything that entails.

He says-I am perfectly fine with us going to therapy both as a couple and as individuals. No relationship is perfect. A relationship will always need work. However, there is nothing wrong in having someone else help us out. Ultimately, my deepest desire is for our relationship to succeed so I will do anything in order to accomplish that. Nevertheless, after the events that occurred we both need a professional to help us heal from this ordeal. As I do not want us to deal with this trauma any longer than necessary. Since I desire for us to have a long and blissful future with our future children and not worry about the pain of the past.

He continues-I am letting you be in charge of arranging our therapies. Since I trust that you will find the best person suitable for the job and who we will both be comfortable with.

She smirks-During our time at the hospital, you were not the only person making medical arrangements. After the events of graduation, I researched psychology practices that specialize in a wide range of issues so if the need arises the practice could accommodate that need without going elsewhere. Finding a practice owned by a husband and wife psychologist couple who have additional staff so they can cover other issues. My personal therapist is the wife who specializes in bullying, anxiety, and depression. While her husband specializes in men issues and trauma. Since he is a veteran the majority of his patients are also veterans so he has experience dealing with the aftermath of being shot. So I was thinking, you could see him for your individual and then his wife and him for our couple.

He responds-That sounds acceptable to me. It will be neat to hear from a married couple on how they partake our issues.

She replies-I believe hearing advice from a married couple will help us with our issues. Since one day we want to also be at that stage in our relationship.