Facing The Reality Of The Situation

(Alexander's POV)

During my entire speech, Philip was shaking in barely contained anger. A few seconds after I finished, he finally let it out.

Philip screams saying-IF YOU FOR ONE SECOND THINK YOUR PLAN IS GOING TO WORK, YOU BETTER THINK AGAIN!

Alexander smirks saying-I already know my plan worked. Since I am going to assume before you barged in here you were on the phone with your business partners, banks, and lawyers.

Alexander continues-What I did is fully legal. Fortunately, I have the best team of lawyers that found every legal loophole to ensure the success of my plan.

Alexander counters-Face it like a man. You had a reckoning coming for you for a long time. Now it is here.

Philip counters-What about Mia? What is she going to think when she finds out what you have done to her parents?

Alexander answers-Honestly, I believe she will be extremely annoyed with me when she finds out. However, once I inform her of all the details, I believe she will let the plan take its course for a time before stepping in if need be. After awhile, if Mia wishes for me to end the plan I will. Her wants and needs will always come first.

At this Philip smiles and says-Looks like then I will have my company and riches back in a day. We both know Mia's kind heart. Her heart will not allow this to happen to her parents.

He counters-Trust me once I explain everything to her I sincerely believe that her heart will allow this to happen. Since why wouldn't she allow her the parents the chance to live, work, and join a community of sincere and hardworking people. 

He informs Philip-You always talk about the importance of connections, but the ones you have are weak. Not a single person stood up for you. As soon as you are penniless and of no use to them they were all too pleased to desert you. They were all eager to watch as you fell down and none were willing to give you a hand back up.

He continues-When you finally allow yourself to be part of the community which you will soon partake in you will grow stronger bonds. Which are based on mutual respect and sincerity. These people will not care about the size of your wallet, but rather who you are as a person. That is how they measure your worth. 

He explains-Mia knows this personally from experience. In the beginning, she faced a lot of scrutiny and harassment when she visited me. The community could not believe a young rich white Catholic girl would not be judgmental towards our diverse community which was made up of people from lower incomes, diverse ethnicities and religions, and immigrants. In time when they noticed she treated everyone with kindness and was willing to help out and get her hands dirty then they welcomed her with open arms. The vast majority of the community is still the same from when I was growing up.

He states-Particularly, as a favor to Mia and me the community is willing to give you and your wife a chance even in the wake of everything you have done and your reputations.

Philip stubbornly says-You might force us to live and work alongside these lowlife riff-raff but I can never see myself or my wife interacting outside of that. 

Alexander remarks-You might want to get your attitude in check. You are no longer a part of the bourgeoisie class, but now join the proletariat class. Your so-called friends at the top will probably enjoy watching you struggle and work at the bottom. The people working alongside you at the bottom are the ones supporting you as you forge your way to the top and if you fall down are all willing to give you a hand up.

He states-Your attitude and behavior determine the duration of this lesson. Once the both of you truly understand that every human is worthy of respect and kindness no matter their background, then I will consider returning your riches. As of right now, I am planning for this to take about 2 years. Hopefully by then the lessen sink in. The day I come to you asking for your blessing for Mia's hand in marriage and receiving it is the day your riches and business are restored.

Philip angrily exclaims-THE DAY I GIVE YOU MY BLESSING FOR HER HAND IN MARRIAGE IS THE DAY HELL FREEZES OVER!

Alexander calmly states-Then hell will freeze over in about 2 years.

Alexander remarks-Both of us need to face the reality of the situation. In a few years, we will be family once I marry Mia and the certainty of us marrying one day in the future is irrefutable no matter how hard you try. After a few years of marriage we will be having children. By then we need to at least accept and tolerate each other. Especially since you need to accept the fact that half of your grandchildren's background will be from me. Which means Russian-Jewish even through they will be raised in the Catholic faith and they will have a working-class background which they will learn to appreciate and will model that hard working ethic. I will not tolerate my children seeing hate among the family.

Alexander continues-Accordingly, this means I will not say a negative word about you to my children. I expect the same courtesy to be given to me and my parents. I will display to you the respect I expect my children to show their parents and elders.

Alexander states firmly-Speaking of my parents, there will not be a grandparent war. Each trying to be better than the other. You will both have equal opportunities with your grandchildren. We will not allow you to buy your grandchildren in an effort to show up my parents.

Philip remarks-Even with your master plan which is trying to force me to become a better person, I will never I repeat never will accept you. Family is everything to me, so I will do my duty to Mia or any children she may have, but you will never be considered family to me.

Alexander smirks-We will see about that. Only time will tell.

Philip counters-As for being co-grandparents with your parents, if that were to ever happen and I truly hope not then it would be up to the grandchildren as to which grandparent they like better. It is every grandparent prerogative to spoil their grandchildren rotten. For us to do otherwise would be showing a lack of love. Every person's love language is different. For Amber and I, this is showering the people we love with our riches.

Alexander frowns-I sincerely hope during this time you learn otherwise. Material items do not even compare to the true power of genuine love. True love cannot be bought. Bonds forged by material items are weak in comparison to love forged by genuine feelings and actions.

Alexander continues-Why do you think my bond with my parents is so strong? They only brought me the necessaries and on occasion something I desired. However, from the moment I was born they showered me with their unconditional love. Every night they told me they loved me and gave me positive affirmations. For example, how I was a good son, person, and student. My parents showed their love to me by their actions. My mother made my lunch everyday and baked food for my after school activities. My father took time out everyday after he came home from a long day of work and taught me everything he knew. For example, how to ride a bike, catch a fish, and how to hunt.

Alexander remarks-Why do you think your bond with Mia is so weak? Let's not even consider how your relationship deteriorated further due to my relationship with her. Mia informed me about how she was raised by nannies who for the most part treated her horribly. Since you were a workaholic and Mrs. Davis was always at a high society function. How you brought her everything she needed, but rarely what she wanted. Buying her fancy dresses and jewels when you know hoodies and sweatpants and books would please her more. The worst part is how Mrs. Davis and you constantly told her how disappointed you are in her for being who she is. 

Philip remarks-There are always two sides to every story. How do you know my connections are not helping me in a less obvious way? Or that I even asked for their help? Since why would I admit weakness and defeat especially to you? Did you ever think you might be playing into my plans? My reasoning are my own. Especially with how I raised and treated Mia. Understand that everything I do I believe I do for the greater good. 

Alexander states-That might be the only thing we have in common. 

With those words, Philip visibly calms down slightly before saying-I believe we are done here for now. 

Before he made his way out the door his parting words were-You might drift off into dreamland believing that your plan worked, but the reality is far from that. Hopefully you are keeping count of the battle rounds as the war between us is far from over. 

(Hi Everyone. I hope you all like this chapter. Especially since I really struggled while writing it, but I got through my writer's block to post it on Sunday like I said I would. The next chapter will probably be on my birthday on Thursday. For those of you that celebrate I wish you a Happy Easter!)