The Unexpected Visitor

(Alexander's POV)

The next time I was waking up, I was hoping that once again Mia was at my bedside. However, the visitor sitting next to my bed is one I never expected.

Sitting in a chair nearest to the wall is Philip Davis. Immediately, I turn my head to check on Mia and notice that the room is empty besides the two of us. Fortunately, this means I can unleash all my pent up rage on this deserving soul.

Focusing my attention on him, I scream-What the hell are you doing here?!!!

He smirks-Based on your reaction, I will presume and say no one has informed you what hospital you are in?

Confused, I reply-No, since I woke up last night finding out the hospital I am in was not one of my highest priorities. Quite frankly, that information seemed unnecessary to know. As the richest man in the world I know I would be taken to a hospital for the highest quality of care possible. Even if I was taken to a lesser hospital because I was bleeding out, I would have expected they would have transferred me to a superior hospital when my life was not in danger.

He continues to smirk-Well, the best hospital nearest to the venue is Davis Healthcare. Which is why I can be here without breaking Mia's restraining order as this is one of my places of work. I just cannot be in the same room as her. So currently, she is taking a couple of tests and will be back shortly. As for Mia knowing I am in this room, she is oblivious since she believes the staff remove her from the room to complete her tests in order to not disturb you. Furthermore, if we talk longer than expected, the staff has instructions to divert her by offering her the opportunity to hand out toys to the sick children, which she has never been able to refuse. When in reality, this is all being done just so I can talk to you man to man without interruptions and worries about abiding by court orders.

Angrily I say-Once you leave, I am immediately making arrangements to transfer to a different hospital. Since I would never willingly put my care in your hands. What did you want to say? 

He frowns-You do not need to transfer to a different hospital. While you are in the hospital, I am calling for a temporary truce. It is the least I can do for the man who jumped in front of multiple bullets for my daughter. Nevertheless, I still believe you are not the right person for my daughter. However, I can call off our feud while you recover in a hospital bed from your wounds. For example, it was my instructions that kept you and Mia in the same room. I knew you would not do anything against her virtue especially when she is recovering in a hospital bed so I felt safe with you two rooming together. Additionally, I instructed my chief of staff and his second in command to treat the both of you personally. Lastly, the both of you are being treated for no cost. Once, you have recovered I can return to severely disliking you and trying to stop the both of your associations.

He shuffles uncomfortably before saying-As for what I wanted to say is, I am deepest thankful that you jumped in front of Mia. Her mother and I have no clue what we would have done if the unspeakable happened to her and she would have been gone. 

Furiously I retort-After literally jumping in front of multiple bullets for your daughter, you still do not approve of me! What impossibly high standard do I need to meet for your approval? Originally, I believed when I became a Catholic and the richest man in the world I would receive it. While I never wanted this scenario to occur, jumping and taking multiple bullets for your daughter would surely give me your stamp of approval. Since I am almost certain that the seemingly spoiled boys you wanted your daughter to be with would have probably never have jumped in front of her. Yet you still refuse to give it. 

He frowns and says-Everything you have accomplished in the past few years has been remarkable. However, it makes me ask if it was because of your supposed love with Mia, your obsession with her, or proving a point to me?

Snapping I say-How dare you? Of course it is because of my love for Mia. Practically everything I do is with her in mind. 

He smirks and says-Sounds like obsession to me. Look at it from my perspective. First, you change your major/career to business instead of your passion for medicine. Second, you change your religion to match her's. Third, in seven years you went to school and built a billion dollar company which is extremely difficult to do. Due to your speed you earned the reputation Alexander the Great because you did not care what or who got in your way from making your company a success. Fourth, you built your company in competition against mine and let's not even mention you bought the house next to mine to prove the point that you can now afford it. Fifth, the way you reentered Mia's life with the plan at the school. Ensuring that she had no choice but to spend time with you. 

He continues-Most high school or first romances do not work out. It's supposed to be a learning experience that will mature you for your later relationships. It's not supposed to be a relationship that makes you change who you are or be the focus point of your life. My disapproval should have been just that. Something you are upset about momentarily, but you move on in life. Instead, you used it as a campaign and shaped your whole life by it. It makes me wonder is it because of Mia or is it because I was one of the first people in power to cast doubt on the bright son of immigrants Alexander Wilson?

I couldn't hold back my words any longer-When you know you met your soul mate, you just know. It does not matter what age you are or what circumstances you are in. From that point forward, you know the right path is one where you are together. As for being Mia's first relationship, isn't that what you want? She is supposed to date with the focus of that person being the one she will marry in the future. I am proud that she is my first and last and that I am her's. Our relationship is not prefect. We both needed to mature and learn both as individuals and as a couple. However, one of the best aspects of our relationship is that we are able to do that together. Maturing and learning from each other and our life experiences doesn't cease once we become adults, but something that is a lifelong journey. 

Continuing I say-You are wrong. I am not obsessed with Mia. I am madly in love with her. There is a fine line between love and obsession. Granted, I probably got closer than I desire to that line. However, that is because of your obstructions. I am hoping now I can scale back on my grand schemes and focus on making my relationship as healthy as possible. As for changing my life to fit your expectations, it was not that difficult to do. In the Jewish faith, all children inherit their religion from the mother. So our children would have been Catholics anyway so I wanted my religion to match my families. I practiced the faith, but I was never wholly devoted which made it easier to switch. Changing my career from medicine to business was a little harder. However, I know people do jobs that they are not passionate in for their families or to make a better life for themselves. The reason why I wanted to do medicine is I like helping people. I can do that with business and a few of my businesses are medical so I am able to fulfill that passion in a different way. As for the rapid success of my company, that is because you should never underestimate what a man would do for his loved ones. I made the company for Mia but it also provides for my other loved ones so I wanted it successful as soon as possible. So I would do anything or go against anyone for that to happen. 

He ends his rant by saying-As for proving a point to you is basically like icing on the cake. Originally, I wanted to be your biggest ally, but instead you made me your biggest enemy. You told me my love for your daughter was not enough. I am proving to you love is the greatest power of all. Not money or connections. While they would have certainly helped, if you have a will you can always make a way.

Philip just shakes his head in frustration and says-You just will never be able to understand. Even if you had a child born with disabilities, you might not be able to understand.

Angrily I shout-Then explain it to me!

He stands up and huffs-Fine. I will tell you but I do not want a word out of you until I am finished.

The tension in the room eases while I nod in agreement and he begins his story.

(Hi Everyone! Happy New Year's Eve! The next update will be shortly after the New Year starts at midnight. As soon as I get off the phone with my family wishing them a Happy New Year I will post.)