Halloween

(Mia's POV)

In what seems like no time at all Halloween was upon us. The day before Alexander cancelled our Monday meetings since he needed to get work done so he would have free time tonight. Earlier in the week, he dropped off my minion costume. 

Currently, I am heading to work in the minion costume and Alexander will be picking me up after my last class of the day.

Once I head to the social studies office at St. Ignatius College Prep, I receive strange looks from my coworkers.

Finally after a few minutes of these strange looks I burst out saying-What?

One of my former teachers, Mrs. Lopez, who has the biggest mouth in the office says-We are looking at you due to the fact that you usually do not wear Halloween costumes. Not from when you were a student and not when you became a teacher. So we were wondering what led you to being in the Halloween spirit?

Her voice is full of annoyance as she says-For your information, Halloween is my favorite holiday. I like the principle in general that you can be anyone you want to be for one day. As for why I never wore a Halloween costume as a student, the reason is that my bullies teased me for my costume choices. So I stopped dressing up to not give them another excuse to pick up on me that day. Moreover, as a young new teacher I wanted to act professional so I did not wear a Halloween costume. However, tonight I am helping babysit a first grader who wanted everyone to dress up as characters from Despicable Me.

Besides having the biggest mouth, Mrs. Lopez is also the biggest gossip in the office so needs to know everybody's business so she says-Who are you helping babysit? Is it that new guy from a while ago? What was his name? Henry?

Blushing at the reminder of Henry she says-No. It seems the timing was not right for Henry and I. As for who I am helping babysit is frankly none of your business. All I will say is that he is a friend.

Mrs. Lopez smirks while saying-He is a friend you say. Is he a boyfriend?

Blushing even deeper now she says-No. Again it is none of your business.

Always needing to have the final word Mrs. Lopez says-Good. I still think you should get back with Alexander Wilson. You know he made quite the name for himself and you visit him every Monday. One of those days you should move on him. Or maybe you already have? Maybe he is the guy your helping babysit.

Quickly gathering the papers on my desk I need to scan I leave the office with this parting remark-I am leaving this conversation now.

After a long day of teaching history to energetic teenagers, I am actually glad to hear the final bell ring as the students all rush out of my classroom.

A half hour later the students have almost all departed and I head outside to where Alexander is waiting to pick me up.

Immediately upon seeing him in the Gru costume, I burst out laughing. He did the full ensemble of a bald cap and fake large nose.

Alexander laughs-Hahaha. Laugh at me now I know how ridiculous I look. However, you look adorable in your minion dress and glasses. 

He quickly rubs his hands together and does a fake evil laugh and says-Also, laugh at the fact that tonight your my minion and must do everything that I tell you. Who knows what evil mastermind plans I will come up with.

She burst out laughing and says-You do not scare me, what are you going to have me do, steal candy from a crying baby?

Alexander smirks-Even I am not that cruel. However, I am making you deal with a hyper Nakimera tonight. Who knows you might even insist in taking the candy away from her after she undoubtedly eats too many pieces.