Showing Gratitude

Last sentences from last chapter-Out loud Mia says-How can I repay Alexander for taking care of me for two weeks?

In her head Mia brainstorms on how she can show Alexander her gratitude for taking care of her when suddenly an idea came to her.

(Mia's POV)

Getting up early the next morning, Mia was filled with nervous energy due to the suspense of putting her plan to show Alexander her gratitude for taking care of her in action.

After checking her phone in bed for social media updates, her doorbell rings.

Jumping out of bed, Mia runs to answer the door.

Opening the door, Mia is greeted by Sarah holding a makeup bag.

After coming inside Mia's home Sarah opens her mouth to speak-So what is this fashion emergency, I received a text message from you last night about, that I needed to come to your house to do your makeup before work? Especially, since you have been sick and bedridden to contact your best friend for two weeks?

Mia blushes-Sorry, I actually was held captive by Alexander for the past two weeks. Also, you will never believe that he hired Dr. Boton to be my personal doctor and he was on Alexander's side and made me stay with him or I would have been committed to the hospital.

Sarah shouts in disbelief-No way!

After the initial shock, Sarah all of a sudden became smug and her voice became suggestive when she says-How was it being Alexander Wilson's "captive"? Was he a good "doctor"? Were you a good "patient"? Two weeks seems a long time, even for you to be bed ridden sick.

Mia blushes and puts her hands up over her face in embarrassment-Stop! Besides, you know ultimately nothing sexual happened between us. For crying out loud, I was extremely sick! Also, he knows I will only do that with my husband. While he did not leave my side for long, he mostly tasked his head maid and Dr. Boton with his nurses with supervising my medical care. To answer your question, Dr. Boton would not medically clear me until I was 100% healthy since he was afraid I would relapse, but I began to feel healthier within a couple of days. Furthermore, Alexander and I just talked, which was actually relatively decent since he promised me that while I was sick he would not bring up his romantic quest.

Sarah confused-So why do you have a fashion emergency?

Mia blushes-Even through I was held captive against my will, Alexander still took tremendous care of me. So I wish to show him my gratitude and after brainstorming for a long time last night I came up with the perfect plan.

Sarah intrigued-Do tell.

Mia explains-Initially, I was planning on cooking him my famous baked Parmesan garlic chicken. However, I felt cooking him a meal was not on the same level as him taking care of me while I was sick for two weeks, which led me to my next plan.

Mia blushes-You know that black floral dress in the back of my closet that I barely wear, but that particularly makes my boobs and behind look good? Since I was thinking of having you do my makeup and wear that to the office today.

Sarah smirks-So your plan is to give him eye candy while he works?

Mia blushes-Partly, but I was thinking of showing my appreciation in a physical way...

Sarah smirks-How physical are you talking about?

Mia blushes-A kiss before I leave for the day.

Sarah laughs in amazement-My sweet innocent best friend Mia seducing her ex!!! Am I dreaming?

Mia blushes further as she rationalizes her plan-It is just a peck on the lips. Besides, Alexander and I are still not together, nor will be in the near future. When I was with him, I was able to glimpse at my Alexander and not the persona he created. Spending all those hours together with him, allowed us to truly reconnected as friends and he began to weaken the wall I put around my heart against him.