Morning After

(Mia's POV)

After a period of time just sitting on the floor she decided that she is too tired to think or decide now and that it would be better to think it through in the morning.

The next morning with the weight of the world on her mind Mia calls Sarah and asks her to come over before work.

After she hangs up the phone her doorbell rings. On her doorstep is a delivery guy holding a vase of yellow and red roses. 

The delivery guy opens up his mouth to speak-Are you Mia Davis?

Mia wondering who is sending her flowers, but has a funny feeling as to who-Yes.

Delivery guy-Here, you go. Please sign here.

After Mia signs saying she received the flowers she closes the door and puts the flowers on her kitchen table. Once she put them down she looked at the card on the vase.

Reading the card aloud-Mia, I had an amazing time last night catching up on lost time. I am looking forward to many more of those kinds of nights. I choose to send you the yellow and red roses for multiple reasons. Number 1-Your favorite color is yellow. Number 2-Yellow roses symbolize friendship and happiness, which you bring me. I am happy that you are willing to be my friend again. Number 3-Red roses are your favorite flower. Number 4-Red roses symbolize love and longing. I love you, Mia. I am happy to be your friend for now, but I long for you to be in my arms where I can shower you in my love and affection. I hope these put a smile on your face. As you always put a smile on mine. -Love Alexander. 

Mia just keeps reading the card over and over.

Until, fifteen minutes later, Mia's doorbell rings. Mia opens her door to see Sarah outside holding up a Dunkin Donuts bag. 

Sarah-I thought you could use the food and energy before heading off to work. I got your favorite poppy seed bagel.

Mia in relief-Your the best! Come in! I have so much to tell you!

Once they sit down and buttered their bagels, Sarah turns to Mia and says-Spill! Tell me how your date with Henry went! Did he give you those beautiful flowers?

Mia laughs in frustration-I did not have a date with Henry. Alexander hijacked it. He gave Henry a job at his company. When I went to leave when I found out about the scheme he blackmailed me using Blake Meyer. Also you will never believe that Mrs. Meyer has cancer and Blake was going to drop out of school because he needed to work to take care of her. Alexander promised he would pay and take care of Mrs. Meyer and Blake's college tuition if I had dinner with him. As for the flowers those were a gift from him this morning.

Sarah laughs after hearing Mia's story and reading Alexander's card-He is determined. I will give him that.

Mia in anger-I wish he was so determined to have me that he was willing to fight for me when my parents tried and successfully broke us apart.

Sarah changes the subject-So did you have a fun time?

Mia in frustration-Sadly, yes. When he wasn't trying to hit on me and actually carried a conversation. It reminded me of the good times we had. 

Sarah asks-So what happens now?

Mia in confusion-I am so confused on what to do. I told him I might consider being his friend if he can stop with the romantic advances, like with the flowers. Through knowing him he would say he was just showing his appreciation for a good time last night, while saying more nights could be like that if I give in to him. I am just afraid that if I give him an opening he will break my heart again. Like he said he became my friend first then more. 

Sarah wisely says-So why don't you just be his friend? You have to work with him together anyway. Keep turning away his advances. Maybe once he realizes he can have you in his life without the romantic components he might stop in his quest.

Mia in relief-That is a good idea. While I don't think I could ever be his partner again, I did miss his friendship.

After finishing their breakfast both Sarah and Mia went off to work. Mia with the new resolution in mind felt better about finishing off the week and heading to Wilson International on Monday.