Break Up

Alexander stormed away from Mia's father dreading what he has to do next.

Every step felt like he was walking towards his execution. Furthermore, he knew he was about to lose the greatest thing that ever happened to him. After delaying as much as he could the inevitable, he finds Mia laughing carefree and mingling with her family. 

Walking up to her he hates himself more and more for what he is about to do next. He knows she will not let him go unless he destroys her. Therefore, having no other apparent choice, he is going to play on every insecurity she has. Consequently, he knows he will be going to hell for this. Living hell.

Mia sees Alexander walking towards her. She was going to run up to him and hug him when she saw the look on his face. Like he is about to lose everything. Due to this Mia smile drop and her face is full of concern when she opens her mouth to speak.

Mia in concern-What is wrong?

Alexander grimaces and in a grave tone, while trying to keep his composure open his mouth to speak-May I speak with you privately?

Mia in worry agrees-Sure.

Mia and Alexander go to find a quiet area outside to talk in private.

Mia impatient to hear what is wrong with him-So are you going to tell me what is bothering you?

Alexander tries to keep it together to pull this delivery off-I cannot do this anymore. I have to break up with you.

Mia in shock and disbelief-What? Why? We were so happy earlier making plans for the future. You seemed fine during the graduation ceremony. What changed?

Alexander can't believe what is coming out of his mouth-Utilmately, I realized that I needed to be the man my parents wanted me to be when they came over here. Respected and Successful. I am not going to be respected and successful if I have to worry about you all the time. Your disabilities will hinder me. I need a woman who will look proper on my arm. Like she belongs there. Not a charity case. Someone who can help me make connections. Not lose them. Also, I need someone who is going to challenge me and push me forward to new heights. We are no longer in secondary school, I know you want to stay in this magical childish snow-globe forever, but people need to grow up and move on.

Mia cries heartbroken-I told you everything my dreams and my fears. Every time you assured me that I was perfect just the way I am. I fought my family for our future together no matter the consequences. Was I just a joke to you? Were you using me?

Alexander lying through his teeth-Yes. It is true that I desire to be as successful as your family. Originally, I wanted to use your father's connections to build my empire. After your family constant refusal, I realized I do not need them. Since I was able to get into an elite and prominent university on my own accord it made me recognize my own abilities and capabilities. I can and will make new and better connections in college. You were my means to get to him, plus it looked good that I had a disabled girlfriend. Showed that I was inclusive to everyone. The college admissions loved my essay and interview about that.

Mia full of anger and heartbreak exclaims-You jerk!  My parents were right about you. I never want to see you again! I hate you!

Mia storms away crying. Alexander has successfully broken her heart.

Alexander once Mia is away breaks down. Alexander vows he will get her back in time. Furthermore, he particularly looks forward to the day he can tell her the truth about the ultimatum and the hardest decision in his life he had to make as a result. On that day he will make her realize that everything he just said was a complete and utter lie. Afterwards, he will prove it to her by making up for it for the rest of her life. Full of determination, he makes his plans.