The Charity Ball Goes Off With A Bang

While Alexander and Mia are on their way to the charity ball, three perpetrators are preparing for their evil scheme. 

A female voice sounds in an ear piece that the male and female assassin are wearing-Is everything in place?

The male replies-Yes. The security lets through my "date" without fully checking her for weapons due to me vouching for her. The diversion is set in place and ready to go when we need it.

The female assassin replies-After walking the scene where it is going to occur, I found the prefect place to hit the target. When they open the doors, I will head there. Additionally, I am keeping bystanders from that area and blocking my view with horrible smelling perfume so they will stay feet away.

The female voice says-Perfect. Just think by the end of the night we are one step closer to having everything we have ever dreamed. 

(Mia's POV)

Fifteen minutes later, we arrive at the Wilson International Banquet Hall. Opening the door for me, Alexander and I walk the red carpet while photographers are taking our pictures. 

The photographers shouts and the bright lights of their flashing cameras are making me uncomfortable. However, I am trying to get back into my old mind frame of ignoring them and keeping my shoulders back, a smile on my face, and walking with purpose. Due to the fact, that if they see a weakness they will jump and exploit it. At least I can draw strength from Alexander's hand in mine. 

Each photographer is shouting a variant of-Mr. Wilson are you and Ms. Davis dating? Is Ms. Davis your girlfriend? Ms. Davis are you back in the social scene? 

Turning to me, Alexander says-Would you want to answer them or should I? 

Taking a deep breath, I say-I will. Heaven forbid I let you since I have no clue what you are going to say. 

Speaking to the photographers I say-These are the only questions I am going to answer. Tonight, I am accompanying Alexander as a friend. Currently, we are not in a relationship. As for me being back in the social scene, tonight is a favor for a friend. This setting is more suited for my mother than I. 

The both of us head inside and bypass security to enter the banquet hall. Leading me to a side room, Alexander opens the door. Upon opening the door we are met with a lounge area with two males and one female in the room. With one glance you can tell that the two males are bodyguards. 

Gesturing to the female, Alexander says-This is Brenda. Her primary objective is to be at your service tonight. This room is only for you. Thinking about your anxiety, I wanted you to have a room for you to calm down or need some space from the other guests. 

Feeling touched at the gesture I say-Truly, I appreciate the gesture. Knowing myself, I will probably need this room at least once tonight. 

Brenda opens her mouth to say-It will be my pleasure to be at your service tonight, Mr. Wilson and Ms. Davis. Please, let me know if you need anything. 

Pointing to the two bodyguards, Alexander says-Akito and Makoto have been assigned this room tonight. They are here for your protection and to ensure that no one gets into this room without your permission or my approval. 

He claps his hands together and says-Let us head to the ballroom. We are going to give our speeches before the charity ball begins. 

Leaving the room, we bypass Thomas who unknowingly to us instructed Brenda that immediately after I left the stage I was supposedly going to come into the room and need a warm blanket and water to calm down. The blanket is on a heating rack in the supply room. He instructed her to go in there and grab the blanket when I walk on the stage.