Friendsgiving: Before the Dinner

(Mia's POV)

In what seems like no time at all, two weeks have passed and now it is the morning of Thanksgiving.

The moment I woke up at 11am, I realized that today is the day I go to Alexander's parents Friendsgiving. My anxiety was going wild with all the different scenarios on what could happen today. Eventually I forced myself to get out of bed and cook breakfast for Sarah and I.

Almost fifteen minutes later, the crescent rolls were ready and just in time as I heard Sarah ringing the doorbell. 

After greeting Sarah at the door, we quickly went to the kitchen to eat so we have time to get ready for the day.

The second I finished eating, Sarah was pushing me into the shower. Once I finish showering, I quickly blow dried my hair and brushed my teeth before exiting the bathroom.

On my bed, Sarah laid out a maroon dress with fall flowers on it. After I put the dress on she started braiding my hair. She decided on a freshly woven look that will compliment the fall theme of my outfit.

When she finished I went into the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror, I had to admit I looked pretty. Usually I hate having my hair up since it gives me headaches, but the way she braided my hair did not put a lot of pressure on my head.

Once I finished checking myself out, I went into my bedroom and proclaim-You really are a miracle worker. Your client will love this look.

She blushes-Thank you. I was going for something simple, but natural. It is for an upcoming Hallmark movie that will be filming next year. It is the usual small town plain Jane falling in love with an arrogant corporate man.

She continues-Anyways, I have to go get ready myself.

Since she already took her shower in the guest bathroom while I was taking mine she was able to put on her outfit and put on her makeup in record time. 

A half hour later she came out of the bathroom with an all maroon v-neck long dress with light makeup and her hair was in a long braid.

Upon seeing her I exclaim-You look amazing. I see that you made our looks similar.

She blushes-Thought it would be fun since we rarely have a chance to coordinate outfits anymore.

Mia-I agree. We need to make more time for it.

Seeing as we had about an hour to spare before we needed to leave, Sarah and I were scouring the internet looking for the best Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. Sarah was looking at high end fashion places while I was looking at bookstores, school supplies stores, and Amazon.

The hour past by quickly and soon we were in the car on our way to Alexander's parents house in  Winnetka.

Upon entering the town we saw mansion after mansion before stopping at what seemed like the largest mansion in town. The house looked like a modern miniature castle.

The only way we knew we were at the right house was Alexander standing outside with two flowers in his hand. Alexander is wearing a casual outfit of a maroon pullover and pale khaki.

When we exited the car he greeted us each with a hug and a flower.

He smiles and hands me a sweet william flower-Hello, love. Here is a flower for you.

He turns to Sarah and smiles and hands her a platycodon grandiflorus flower-Hello, Sarah. Here is a flower for you.

He laughs at the surprise look on our faces at the flowers-You might be wondering why I am giving you both a single flower. Well, Nakimera decided years ago that it is not a family dinner or feast if the girls do not have flowers in their hair. The males pick out the flowers for the females and it has been our tradition ever since then. Don't worry, our personal gardener made sure to clean everything properly before anyone can wear them.