19.

Ishaan's P

Ishaan's P.O.V.

"Ishaan?" Naina says my name as I turn the car on.

"Yes, Naina," I say nonchalantly. This car was cold and I needed to make it warmer. Naina was wearing a short dress that ends above her knees and I know she can't stand the cold.

Naina suddenly wraps her hands around me and I stop what I was doing. Her chest was touching my arm like they way it was against my chest back in that dance floor. "I miss you," she whisper into my ears and I suck in a breath.

I immediately freeze when she says that. I wasn't expecting her to say something like that at all. "I miss you too, Naina." I really did. If I hadn't done what I had, I would've still been in her good books. I love her. I was selfish and in order to break her marriage, I had taken a rash decision.

Naina looks away from. "You were my best friend, Ishaan. I trusted you with everything and yet you broke my trust. That's what hurt the most. It wasn't the what the rumor was about or that my parents believed the rumors over me. But it was that you were the one who spread these lies about me. Everything was perfect. I was happy, you were happy, and then you had to go and ruin everything," Naina pours out emotionally, tears falling down her face uncontrollably.

I take a deep breath in. "I know. You have no idea how bad I feel, Naina. If I could go back and change what I did, I would in a heartbeat."

"Then, why did you do it?" She cries.

My mind becomes blank. I look away from her and look in front of my instead. I couldn't look at her when I tell her about my feelings. "Because I love you, Naina. I really, really love you. I know what I did was inexcusable but I only did it because I didn't have any other way to stop your wedding. I was scared shitless that you were going to get away from me forever."

When Naina doesn't say anything, I look at her to see her reaction only for her to be asleep. I thought that maybe if I told her about my feelings then she would've understood why I spread those lies about her.

I sigh as I drive home.

• • • • •

Naina's P.O.V.

When I woke up, I was heavily hung over. I groan out loud as my head was throbbing. I need a coffee immediately to take care of this.

I turn to the right and look at the clock on the night table. Shit! I was late for work. But then I notice a steaming cup of coffee right next to the clock.

I take the coffee into my hands and I see that there was a note on the bottom. It was from Ishaan because I recognize his hand writing.