13.

Ishaan's P

Ishaan's P.O.V.

"Uncle?"

I needed to tell Uncle what happened with Arjun. That I was the reason why Naina was labeled as a slut today.

Naina was right. I tried to break off her marriage with Arjun without thinking of the consequences. I should be able to accept my mistakes in front of everyone and get back Naina's and her parent's respect in society.

I want to tell everyone today I was the culprit why Naina's marriage got called off. But first, I need to tell Uncle or Aunty about what I did. I didn't want to spring this on them without any warning.

"Hey, Ishaan. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in your room getting ready?" Uncle says as he tells the workers how to decorate the hall.

"Uncle, I need to talk to you now," I tell him, trying to sound as serious as possible. "It's urgent."

"Yeah, of course," Uncle says. I can sense how nervous he is.

"I should tell you that I'm the reason why Naina's marriage got called off. I told some lies about Naina to Arjun and his mother." I look up to see how Uncle was reacting. But there was no expression on his face. "I only wanted to break her marriage, Uncle. I didn't know that it was going to get this out of control. I didn't know that it was going to spread to everyone. All I can say is that I love Naina, whatever I did was for her. So I can get her to be in my life. I-I'm sorry, Uncle. I know what I did was wrong and I could never, ever redeem myself for what I did to Naina and your family. I'm prepared for whatever you decide to do. If you want to get me arrested and call off the wedding, I'm prepared for it." I fold my hands, asking for forgiveness. I close my eyes, waiting for Uncle to hit me but no force came.

Uncle sighs as he pats my back. "I know what you did, Ishaan."

"What?" I ask.

"Aunty and I found out quite a bit ago." When he sees my stil confused state he clarifies what he said, "We heard you and Naina arguing on your engagement and then we asked your Amma what happened and she told us everything."

"Uncle, I..."

"Look, Ishaan beta, you didn't think we didn't notice how everything changed between you and Naina. You guys were best friends and all of a sudden she didn't talk to you, she would get irritated by your presence. We knew that something was up between you two and then we finally figured it out."

"Uncle, then why didn't you call off the wedding?" I would've understood if they did.

"Because our Nainu wouldn't have gotten a better husband than you. You love her, and the most important thing is that she loves you too," Uncle tells me.