6.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

"Nainu, wake up." I hear someone say as they shake me awake.

"What is it?!" I grumble and I still close my eyes. I refuse to wake up.

"Guess what day it is."

I groan our loud and use the support from my elbows to help me get up. "What is it?" I ask my elder cousin, Drishti Didi.

Why was she here? Wasn't she supposed to be at her own house?

"It's your engagement day," she teases and I frown at her.

"Get out," I snap at her.

"Nainu, aren't you excited? It's your engagement day." Didi questions, confused about my reaction.

"Just get out, Didi. I want to sleep more."

She's expecting me to be over the moon but I couldn't be far from that. I'm dreading this day. To top all of that, she woke me up so early. If the engagement is at night, then why do I have to wake up so early?

"Nainu!" Drishti Didi exclaims. "I came all the way from Aligarh. I made my husband wake up at 3-o-clock in the morning so I can be here at 7."

"No one told you to come here this early." I scowl at her.

Didi is one of my closest cousins in this family. She is one of the few sane ones. She just got married one year ago and moved to Aligarh because that's where her husband lives.

Didi gasps at what I have to say. She slaps my back with her small hands.

"Owwww!" I whine, shooting right up. "That hurt!"

"I know, that's why I did it." She smiles at me.

I glare at her. "Go back to Aligarh."

Didi rolls her eyes at me. "Now, tell me why you are so upset about the wedding."

"I'm getting married to Ishaan," I spill to her.

"What?!" Didi yells with a huge smile on her face. "Isn't this supposed to be good? I mean, you're marrying the guy that you love."

"I don't love him anymore."

"What? How can you just fall out of love with someone like that?" Didi questions. "What did he do?"

Didi knows why my marriage got called off but not who got it called off. I usually would call her up and tell her everything that was happening in my life. But her her husband had to go on a business trip to Greece. I didn't want to call her up during her stay in the country and ruin it for her.

"He is the reason why Arjun called off the wedding," I tell her.

"What? Explain."

I tell her everything. Everything. From the day Arjun called off the wedding till now.