3.

Ishaan's P

Ishaan's P.O.V.

"She's still really upset with you, Ishaan," Priya tells me over the phone.

"Still?" I question. It's been 6 months and Naina is still angry with me.

I wanted to talk to her and explain to her why I did what I did. I wanted to tell her that I love her.

"Can you blame her?" I hear Priya sigh. "Her parents aren't talking to her. She can't even go outside properly without her cousin."

"I just want to explain my side of things," I tell her.

"I know," Priya says. "She doesn't even want to see you. She says that she will murder you if she sees you."

I sigh. Naina is really upset right now and I know how she is since I've known her since I was a kid. She was stubborn as a mule. I know she is going to hold a grudge against me and won't talk to me at all.

"Ugh! I hate this!" I groan. "I just want to tell her that I love her."

"I know you do, Ishaan. But, just wait for her anger to subside. Don't do anything stupid now," Priya warns me.

"I won't," I tell her. A comfortable silence emerges between us. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Priya sighs.

"You're lying," I say. I know that she isn't good. I know that she's hurting deep down because she is divorcing Rahul. She loves him but she says that she needs to leave him. "I don't get why you are giving up. You guys always make up when you have a fight."

"I don't want to talk about this Ishaan," Priya says, annoyed. "I made up my mind. It's for the best if Rahul and I get divorced."

"Okay." I leave her alone. She is a grown woman and she knows what she wants to do.

"Do you think I should go and talk to Naina's parents?" I ask. "They would listen to me."

"Ishaan, no. Don't do anything, it's just going to make Naina angrier," Priya warns me. "Please, just don't do anything. Let Rudra, Ananya, and I handle this."

"Bye, Priya. I have to go talk to them." I hang up the phone despite Priya yelling over the phone.

I just had to go and talk to Naina's parents. I had to fix things between them.

• • • • •

"Ishaan!" Aunty opens the door. "What are you doing here? Are you here to meet Naina?"

"No, Aunty!" Naina shouldn't know that I was here. "I actually wanted to talk to you and Uncle."

"Okay." Aunty furrows her eyebrows. "You sit. I'll go get Uncle."