9.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

It's the first day of my work and I'm so excited. Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamt of this day. I can't believe my dream is going to be finally fulfilled today.

"Nainu, eat some of this." Ma takes a spoon of yogurt and sugar and shoves into my mouth.

I scrunch up my nose in disgust. A lot of people like yogurt and sugar together but I am not one of them.

"It's for good luck!" Ma explains and I scowl at her. "Come eat some breakfast."

"Ma, I'm getting late. I'll grab something on the go," I tell her as I gather my things. I give her a quick kiss on the cheek and bid Papa goodbye.

I start the scooty and look online for a cafe near my office. I select the closest cafe to the office and set the directions to there.

It takes me 10 minutes to get to the cafe. I scan the menu and order an iced latte. The weather was hot and I needed something to cool me down.

I look at the time and realize that I have a good 30 minutes to sit down and drink my coffee. I can even chat with Priya and Ananya to catch up with them. It's been a week since I talked to either of them.

"Naina!" They call my name and I go and get the coffee. I turn back to head back to my table and someone knocks into me, causing all of the coffee to fall onto my white shirt.

"Oh no!" I look down at my shirt and it was ruined. How was I supposed to go to the office now?

"I'm so sorry!" The person apologizes and I look up at them. My eyes widen, he was good looking.

"Do you not look where you are going?" I frown at him.

"I'm really sorry, I can make this up to you. Let me pay for the shirt. How much was it?" He takes out his purse.

"It's okay." I sigh. I don't know what I am going to do now. I literally have 15 minutes till I have to go to the office and I can't go back home to change or go to a store to get a new shirt. "It's my first day at work and I don't want to make a bad impression."

"Here, take your shirt off," the guys blurts out.

"Excuse me!" My cheeks start to get hotter. Was this guy some type of pervert?

"No, I didn't mean it that way!" The guy blushes. "I mean I have an extra shirt in my car, I can give it to you. It might be a little loose, but its better than nothing."

I nod my head in agreement. "Thanks, that would be helpful."

Within a few minutes, the guy goes to his car and gets me the extra shirt. I take the shirt and run to the bathroom. I change into the shirt and tuck it into my skirt so it wouldn't look extra long on me.

When I come out, the guy was no where to be seen. I shrug it off and head to my new office.

Once I arrive, I sigh as I take a look at the building. This is it. This is going to my office for the next few years. I grin as I take my file in hand and head towards my office building.