20.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

"You okay, Naina?" Rohit questions as we walk downstairs to a restaurant from our hotel rooms. 

We reached the hotel early in the morning, around 3 am. We got our hotel rooms and basically slept until noon. We both decided to get some lunch before we make some final edits on the presentation.

"Why do you ask?" I ask him.

"You seem dull, like you're lost in your thoughts. What happened?" Rohit stops walking and then holds onto my wrist so I will look at him.

"It's nothing, okay? I'm just tired," I make up an excuse.

In reality, I couldn't stop thinking about Ishaan. He looked so heartbroken when I told him that I couldn't forgive what he did. While to be honest, I just wasn't sure. I wanted to forgive him so everything could go back to how it was before, but I just can't for some reason.

"You sure?" Rohit questions again. "I'm here for you, Naina. You can tell me anything."

"Don't worry," I shoot him a smile. "Once I get some food inside of me, then I'll be more happy. I'm starving!" I complain to him.

"Okay, okay." Rohit finally lets the topic go and I relax. I just didn't want to talk about Ishaan when the exact reason why I'm here on this trip is to get away from him.

•    •    •    •    •

After getting some food in us, Rohit and I decided to watch a movie to relax more.

Rohit has a very important presentation that he has to present with some of his employees and he was quite nervous about it because our whole company depends on the project.

I needed to take his mind off of this presentation so I recommended that we watch a movie. So here we are, in his hotel room, watching one of my favorite movies, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.

"I still don't get why you love this movie so much, it's so long and so outdated," Rohit complains.

I roll my eyes at him. "It's because of Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, okay? Their chemistry is on another level."

The movie was also my favorite for another reason. It was the first time when I had met Ishaan. My parents had decided to meet up with Ishaan's parents to go to this movie in the theatres. And the first time I had seen Ishaan, I had fallen for him. I might have only been a child then, but I was drawn to him.

Suddenly someone knocks on the door, causing me to come out of my thoughts. I pause the movie in annoyance, I recognize that this was the fair scene, the peak Rahul-Anjali scene.

"Come in!" Rohit yells, not getting up from the bed. I roll my eyes at that. He was actually really lazy if you got to know him.