23.

Ishaan's P

Ishaan's P.O.V.

I just stare at the door when Naina leaves. I'm trying to process everything that Naina just said. I let out a breath. Naina loves me. All this time, after everything I did, she still loves me. I don't deserve her love.

I was so mad when she told me kissed Rohit but I didn't even have the right to be mad at her. If she could forgive me for spreading those rumors about her then I could forgive her for kissing someone else.

I groan out loud. Why didn't I say anything to her? Why didn't I confess that I loved her too? I just sat there, frozen when she was pouring her heart out to me.

Ananya, Priya, and Rudra come back and I'm still blank. I couldn't think properly.

"Where's Naina?" Priya questions as she looks around the hospital room.

"She left," I tell her. "She's leaving to Mumbai for a job."

"What?" Rudra yells. "She didn't even tell us. She's leaving without even saying goodbye."

"She's leaving because of me." I put my face into my hands, trying to control my tears.

I was going to lose Naina and I didn't want to lose her.

"I'm going to call her right now." Ananya whips out her phone. "She's not leaving without a proper goodbye."

"Naina loves me?" I ask Ananya and Priya. I know that they both would know about her feelings for me. They were her best friends.

Ananya freezes and Priya's face softens. They both share a look and I know for a fact that it was true. "Naina loves me," I state this time.

Priya nods her head. "She does."

"Why didn't she tell me before?" I groan.

"Maybe because you had a different girl in your arms each day," Ananya points out.

I flinch at what she has to say. It was true I was a player in college and a huge flirt. But they were all meaningless flings, they didn't mean anything to me.

"Everyone knew, Ishaan. Even a blind man can see that she loves you," Rudra says.

"I need to tell her that I love her too," I say. I move the sheets off of me and try to stand up but Ananya pushes me back onto the hospital bed.

"No, you just got into an accident today morning. You need rest."

"Ananya," I look at her sternly, "Naina told me she loves me and I didn't get to say it back to her. I need to tell her how I feel. She's leaving in three hours."

Ananya melts at my words and then looks at Rudra who nods. "I'll take care of the discharge," Ruddy says as he exits the room.

• • • • •