Epilogue.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

"Akshay!" I yell as he shakes his wet hair all over me.

He was mad that I made him take a bath before bed. I scowl at him as he sticks his tongue out at me. He never listens to me, only his dad.

"Akshay!" Ishaan says sternly and Akshay stops goofing around. He knows when his dad gets serious, he means business. He calms down and now I can dry his hair with a towel.

It's been a year since Ishaan and I adopted Akshay from the orphanage and three years since we've gotten married. This past year was amazing with Akshay. He was quite a goofball, always pulling pranks on me with his dad. He was also insanely talented in cricket and I could already see him playing nationally in the future, but that could just be me. I was biased.

When Ishaan and I told our parents that we weren't going to have any biological children, they were upset, especially my parents.

They couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that we could love a child that wasn't ours so much. But they eventually got over it and love Akshay as their own grandchild.

Amma was more accepting of the fact because she also adopted herself. She knew how you didn't need to have your own child to be parents.

Amma actually came back to India when we adopted Akshay because she wanted to help us. She took care of him while Ishaan and I were at work.

I transferred back to Delhi once Ishaan and I knew we were ready for kids. The long-distance was just not going to work out when we were going to add a child to our relationship.

Akshay falls asleep in my lap and I give Ishaan a glance. I sigh. He hasn't said anything to me ever since I've dropped some major news on him.

"Can we talk, Ishaan?" I whisper to him so we don't wake up Akshay.

"We'll talk about this in the morning, Naina. I need time to think." Ishaan turns off the lamp's light as he lays down next to Akshay.

I gape at him as anger soars through me. He was barely talking to me the whole day. I left him to be to think things over and he's still giving me such an attitude.

I turn the lights back on and Ishaan squints at the sudden brightness. I put Akshay's head on a pillow and face Ishaan.

"You've had the whole day to think, Ishaan. Talk to me."

"What do you want me to say, Naina? This is just unexpected okay? This isn't part of the plan," Ishaan says.

"You don't think I know this isn't part of the plan?" I ask, annoyed. "I didn't ask to be pregnant, Ishaan. Yet, it happened. I'm trying to make the best out of the situation and you aren't helping."

"We can't afford another child right now, Naina. Especially not a new born baby," Ishaan says and he wasn't wrong.

We spent a lot of our money on Akshay. From adopting him to buying him all the things he needed to be comfortable in our home. We also needed to save up money for his college.