10.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

It's the haldi ceremony today where the people in the wedding put some haldi on the bride and groom to make their skin look fairer.

"What's wrong?" Ananya asks, looking at my face.

"Do you know what he did last week?"

"What?" She sighs.

"Do you even know who I'm talking about?" I question her.

"Yes! Because that's the only person you talk about! It's like you're obsessed with him," Priya says.

I scowl at what she has to say. "I'm not obsessed with him."

"Then why do you talk about him 24/7?"

"Cause he annoys me. I hate him so much." I pout.

"You know there's a very fine line between love and hate," Ananya teases.

"I hate him for sure. Do you even know what he did last week?"

"What did he do?" Priya sighs.

"He came to my office on the first day. He introduced himself to my colleagues and gave me bouquet in front of them," I complain.

Ananya and Priya look at me like I've lost it.

"Naina, do you realize what you're saying?" Ananya questions.

"No guy, ever does that. You should be lucky that he came to see how you were doing and gave you flowers," Priya tells me.

I roll my eyes at what they have to say. "You guys know what he did." I see Ananya and Priya share a look. "What?" I ask them.

"He respects you so much, Naina. Why don't you just forgive him?"

"I know you love him. Why don't you just admit it?"

I can't keep having these conversations over and over again. What Ishaan did is unforgivable and I can't just forgive him so easily.

"Priya, why did you get divorced? Don't you love Rahul? It's because you don't trust him and he doesn't trust you, isn't it?" Priya shuts up. "I don't trust Ishaan."

"But, Naina..." Ananya starts.

"And you, Ananya, imagine this. You're engagement gets canceled because everyone thinks you're a whore. It spreads around the whole community and you're parents even believe it." Tears drop onto my face. "Do you even know how many taunts I had to hear whenever I went out? And the best part, my parents didn't even believe me. You expect me to forgive the person who caused me so much damage, just because he shows me a little bit of attention?"

"Naina, we didn't know." Priya and Ananya have a guilty face.

"Yeah, you didn't know." I wipe the tears off of my face. "I'm telling you guys for the last time, I don't want to forgive Ishaan and don't force me to either."