22.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

I wake up to the door being slammed shut. I see Ishaan walking down the hall but failing miserably. It wouldn't take a mastermind to figure out that he came home drunk at 3 am in the morning.

Ishaan trips over his feet and falls over on the ground. I gasp out loud and immediately get up from the couch to help Ishaan get up.

I scrunch up my face in disgust at the smell of him. He reeks of alcohol. Regardless, I put my hands on his arms to help him get up. But, Ishaan slaps my hands away.

"I don't need your help," he slurs.

"Just let me help, Ishaan," I tell him as I pick him up from the floor and Ishaan listens. It was a hard job to do because Ishaan weighed so much more than me. I put his arm around my shoulder and I slowly take him into his room.

I put Ishaan on the bed as I take off his shoes and put it to the side. Ishaan immediately falls asleep as soon as he hits the bed.

I sit next to him on the bed and admire him. He looks so peaceful as he was sleeping. I move his hair out of his face and then place a kiss on his cheek. "I love you, Ishaan," I whisper.

I get up from the bed and slowly close the door so I didn't wake up Ishaan. I had work tomorrow morning so I decided to go back to sleep.

• • • • •

Ishaan continued to ignore me for the rest of the week. Whenever I wanted to talk to him, to clear up any misunderstandings, he would turn away from me. I was growing frustrated. I wanted our relationship to go forward but it was just going backwards.

To add to it, he would show up drunk every night. My heart was breaking because I was the reason why he was like this.

"Ishaan, where are you going?" I ask him but I already know the answer to my question. He's going to a bar.

Ishaan ignores me and continues to father his things as he heads towards the door.

"Ishaan, please let me explain myself. I need to tell you something," I plead. I hold onto the sleeve of his shirt so he wouldn't leave.

He turns to look at me and I see his bloodshot eyes. He looked so tired and I dare say, heartbroken. "Why do you still talk to him?"

"Who?" I question.

"Rohit," Ishaan says. "You cheated on me with him and yet you still talk to him."

"He's my friend, Ishaan. I can't just cut him out," I tell him. I refuse to do that even for Ishaan. I value my friendship the most.