17.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

I woke up late this morning because I couldn't sleep at all last night. Whatever happened between Ishaan and I has kept me up the whole night. I head to the shower quickly. I was already late for work.

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. This kiss was nice. It was different from the ones I've had before, it was good. My fingers travel to my lips as I remember the pressure of his lips against mine. I loved the way they felt.

When I come out of my bedroom all dressed fir work, the whole apartment smelt nice. Chocolate chip pancakes. My mouth watered at the smell of them.

"I made chocolate chip pancakes," Ishaan says as he offers them to me in a plate. His eyes hopeful that I take them. It was his way of apologizing what happened last night.

"I'm good," I tell him. His smile falls and he looks dejected. "I'm late for work actually."

With that I grab my keys to my scooty and leave the apartment.

•    •    •    •    •

"Hey, Naina," Saloni says as I sit down at my cubicle.

"Hey, Sal. How's it going?"

Saloni frowns. "Horrible! Rohit is in a terrible mood and is yelling at everyone."

"Yikes, what happened?" I ask.

"I don't know. He's just in a horrible mood," Harshi shrugs her shoulders.

I frown at what she has to say. Rohit wasn't usually like this. I wonder what put him in such a mood. I decide to go check on him and I had to get a file checked by him anyway.

I take the file into my hand and head my way to Rohit's office. I knock on the door and I hear Rohit's rough, "Come in."

I open the door and walk my way over to him. "Hey so I just had a quick question about this," I open the file and show to it him.

When I notice he wasn't listening to me, I bump my shoulder with his. "Hey, what's going on?" I ask him, concerned.

"It's nothing," Rohit brushes off.

"Rohit, something is obviously wrong." I sigh and place my hand on his shoulder. "I'm you're friend and you can tell me anything."

"It's my sister," Rohit confesses.

"What about her?" I ask. I never knew that Rohit had a sister actually. He is usually closed off about his family and I've never pushed him on the topic.