7.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

"Nainu!" Ma yells from downstairs.

"Yeah?" I yell back.

I was on my bed, reading one of my favorite books for the thousandth time. That was what I found myself doing for the past few months. Rereading all the books in my book collection. I am bored out of my mind, staying at home and doing nothing productive. I've been thinking about getting a job but I don't know how my parents would react to that.

"Come down, beta."

I groan out loud. I didn't want to move from my comfy bed. Regardless, I get out of bed and head downstairs.

"What is it, Ma?" I grumble but then stop when I see who is there.

"Guess who is here?" Ma gushes with a huge smile on her face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, frowning at Ishaan.

He seemed to leave me alone after the incident during our engagement. But I should've known that he would be back.

"Naina," Ma frowns, scolding at how rude I was to her precious daamad.

"What?" I mouth.

She rolls her eyes at me and then turns to Ishaan. "Sorry, beta. She's tired from all of the wedding planning, don't mind her."

"Of course not, aunty." Ishaan shoots her one of his smiles, which manages to melt anyone.

I roll my eyes at how he managed to keep my parents under his spell.

Ma smiles back at him and then turns to me. "Nainu, Ishaan wants to take you out. Why don't you get ready?"

I frown at Ishaan. I didn't want to go anywhere with him, that too alone.

"Ma, I have some work to do," I make up an excuse.

Ma glares at me. "What work do you have, Nainu? You still at home all day and do nothing."

"Aunty, it's fine. I should've asked Naina if she was free before coming here," Ishaan says in an apologetic voice.

"Yeah, you should have." I glare at him. There was not way in hell that I was going to go on a date with him.

"It's okay, beta. I'm sure Naina can do her work after you guys come back," Ma says sweetly to Ishaan. She turns to me and glares. "Naina, go get ready."

There's no going back now. Ma made up her mind which meant that I have to go out with Ishaan. I grumble to myself and reluctantly go upstairs to get ready. I swear to god I saw a smile on Ishaan's face.

"Sorry about her, beta." I hear Ma apologize again. "I'll go get you some chai."

• • • • •