2.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

It's been 6 months since Arjun broke off the engagement and left.

My parents don't properly talk to me anymore. They felt that whatever Arjun showed them was right. They thought I was some type of a whore.

It hurt to know that they believed someone else's words over mine. I am their daughter, shouldn't they have faith in me? Shouldn't they have faith in their upbringing?

My Papa wouldn't even look at me properly. I was such a Daddy's little girl and he wasn't even looking at me. I miss the way we used joke around. I miss the way he used to take me out to our monthly father-daughter dinners. I miss the way I was able to share everything with him.

I just wish everything went back to normal. The way things used to be before Ishaan ruined everything.

My life was just surrounded by college and home. I couldn't go anywhere else. Now that college was over, I just sit at home and mostly stay in my room.

I couldn't go out anywhere without my cousin brother accompanying me.

They let me keep my phone with me, thank god for that. With my phone, I could talk to Ananya and Priya once in a while. Otherwise, I would die of boredom.

I hear the doorbell rings. I look outside of my window and I see Priya and Ananya there. I smile. They come to my house once in a while to spend time with me.

I come out my bedroom to open the door for them but Ma beats me to it. "She's upstairs," she tells them as she heads back into the kitchen.

I grin at them and motion for them to come upstairs. They quickly come upstairs and I drag them into my room.

I sit down on the bed as Priya and Ananya sit down on the chairs in my bedroom.

"How's everything going?!" I ask.

"Good," Ananya answers first. "My parents want Rudra and I to get married right away but we want to wait a year."

"You guys love each other," I say. "Why don't you want to get married immediately?"

"We do love each other but we just want to be sure, you know. We want to live together for a year to really see where our relationships goes," Ananya explains. "We just want to make sure we are making the right decision in going forward with our relationship."

"Did you tell your parents about this yet?" I ask. I know Rudra's parents wouldn't mind this arrangement but Ananya's parents were a bit conservative.

"No," Ananya truthfully answers. "I know they'll be upset at first but then they'll get over it."

"It's a good idea, Ananya." Priya speaks up for the first time. "You'll get to live with Rudra all day so you'll know any of his annoying habits."