1. (Prologue)

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

I come home from college and see some cars in my street. They were Arjun's cars. Arjun and his family must be over to talk about the wedding.

I start to smile to myself. I started to like Arjun a lot these past few months. He seemed to understand me so much.

At first, I was reluctant to get engaged to him and forget about my feelings towards Ishaan but I had to do it for my parents.

I was happy with the way that things were heading towards.

I am a bit scared to leave my parents, my friends, and my country to live in an unknown country with a new husband. But I knew I had Arjun with me which scared away any fears I had about moving to the United States after I get married.

I knew that deep down that I still have feelings for Ishaan but I have to move on from him and Arjun is the right person to move on with.

I head into my house and put down my bag on the coat hanger.

Usually, the whole house is loud and warm because all of our family is here for the wedding. But it's so quiet.

"Hi, Aunty! Hi, Uncle!" I greet them as I sit down next to my parents. "How is everything?"

I frown when they don't answer my question. They seem very serious. "Is something wrong?" I give Arjun a glance to see if he was going to tell me something but he just sat there with a blank face.

"Is everything alright, Papa?" I turn to my father and he stays calm, not saying a word. "Ma?" She doesn't say a word either.

My fingers go through my hair. "Will someone just tell me what's going on?" I yell, causing my whole family to come out from where they were hiding.

"Nainu, calm down," Mamu, my mother's elder brother says.

"Did you see how she is yelling?" Arjun's mother tells Arjun's father. "Thank god we learned about her true nature and decided to call off the wedding."

"What?" I ask in shock. Why would they call off the wedding all of a sudden with no reason?

I look at Papa and Ma to see if this was true and they just hang their heads down in embarrassment.

"What did I do?" I question Aunty. "Why are you calling off the wedding?"

"Nainu, just stay out of this," Papa tells me. "Go to your room while we sort this out."

"Why would we want our son to marry a girl like you?" Aunty questions, fuming. "You're a whore."

I'm shocked to see what she said about me. I am no where near a whore.