4.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

"You look so lovely!" Ananya gushes as she curls the last part of my hair. (Naina's look is above.)

I scowl at her. "I hate this. Ishaan has my parents wrapped around his finger."

Priya sighs. "Look at it this way. You're not getting married to an old man and your in-laws already love you. I don't see what the problem is."

"My problem is that I'm getting married to Ishaan. I hate him so much," I complain.

"Naina, we all know that he did something stupid but you need to move on from it. I mean, it's been 6 months!" Ananya says. "You're getting married to the man you love."

"I don't love him anymore," I snap at her. "My love for him died when he did what he did."

Priya looks at me pointedly. "So you are telling me that you just fell out of love with the man you loved for almost your whole life?"

"Yes," I tell her. "Any girl would fall out of love when the one she loves does what he did."

"You know he only means to do good," Ananya informs me.

"But he ended up doing so much bad," I scoff at her words. "Listen, I just don't want to talk about this anymore."

Ananya and Priya sigh. "Fine. Now, come on. Everyone is waiting for you to come down."

Someone knocks the door. "Can I come in?" An older woman's voice speaks out.

"Ji, Aunty," Priya says as she goes to open the door.

"Aunty, what are you doing here?" I ask when I see Ishaan's mother at the door.

"I wanted to give you this." Aunty holds up a a gold set. "And I wanted to talk to you a bit."

Ananya and Priya take that as a hint and they leave the room to give us some privacy. Aunty opens the box and I gasp at the jewelry.

"It's beautiful," I compliment in awe. I didn't particularly like gold jewelry, I was more a silver person than gold. Yet, this necklace was beautiful.

"Do you like it?" Aunty questions with a smile on her face and I nod eagerly. "Good, this is our family heirloom and I promised myself that I would save this to give to my Bahu."

"Thanks, Aunty." I smile at her as I take the box from her hands.

"I want you to wear this on your wedding day," she tells me.

"I will," I promise her.

"Now, there's something else that I wanted to talk to you about," Aunty says.

I give her my full attention. "What is it, Aunty?"

"I don't want you to call me Aunty anymore, I  want you to came me Amma," Aunty informs me. "I know that I could never replace your mother but I hope that I can be like a mother figure in your life."