12.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

I woke up very irritated and with only two hours of sleep. I couldn't sleep at all last night because my mind could only think about what happened between me and Ishaan.

I was so confused. One minute we were dancing and the next, we were looking into each other's eyes, reading into one other's souls.

There was this weird emotion in them and I couldn't understand what they were trying to tell me.

I get up to get ready for work. I know Ma is going to be upset that I'm going but I will go crazy if I stay here. I need to get my mind off of the wedding and Ishaan.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ma questions with her hand on her hip as I come down the stairs.

"Work," I tell her.

"You're wedding is in a couple of days and you want to go to work? Do you know how much we have to do around here?" Ma yells.

"Ma, please stop yelling. All of this wedding planning is making me go crazy and I need some time to clear my head."

"Is something wrong, Nainu? Are you happy with this wedding?" I can see the worry lines on her face.

This is it. This is my out. But I can't take it. I can't hurt Ma and Papa again. I know how happy they are because this wedding is happening. "Of course, Ma." I give her a fake smile. "Ishaan is one of my best friends. He understands me and would never do anything to hurt me."

Ma relaxes. "Thank god! I know you didn't want to get married to him at first and we forced you, but I know Ishaan is the right one for you, Nainu. I never want to force you to do something that you're not happy with."

"Don't worry, Ma. I'm happy with this marriage," I reassure her. "I only said no at first because I was skeptical about how my relationship with Ishaan would play out.  I didn't want to ruin my friendship with Ishaan. But now I know that he's the perfect person for me."

Ma smiles. "I'm so happy right now, Nainu. Your father and I dreamed of your wedding a lot and it's finally happening."

"Can I please go to work now?" I beg. "I promise that I'll come back in a few hours and help out with the wedding."

Ma sighs. "Fine. But if you're not back soon I'm going to come there myself and drag you back home."

I rolls my eyes at what she has to say. "Love you, Ma." I give her a kiss on the cheek and head out.

• • • • •

"Hey Naina! How're you doing?" Tina questions when I enter the building.

"I'm good. How are you?" I ask politely.

"I'm doing well."