16.

Naina's P

Naina's P.O.V.

After a 6 hour journey from Paris, it's safe to say that I'm exhausted.

Ishaan was getting our luggage while I was getting us some coffee to drink.

I could barely get some sleep in the plane because of how small the seats were. I feel bad for the people who constantly have to travel for their jobs.

I walk to the closest cafe and immediately stop when I see Arjun, my ex-fiancé, there. There was a girl next to him. I realize that she was his wife because of the mangalsutra around her neck.

I was about to turn around and go somewhere else but Arjun sees me by then and starts walking over to me. I curse my fate. This only could've happened to me.

"Hi, Naina!" He greets with a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm coming back home from my honeymoon."

"Oh." Arjun's eyes widen. He then takes in my appearance. "Who is the lucky guy?"

"It's Ishaan, actually," I tell him.

Someone coughs next to him, bringing both of our attention to her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. This is my wife, Laila," he introduces.

"Hi, Laila!" I smile at her.

"Hey, look I guess our coffees are ready. I'll go get them." Arjun goes over to the counter.

"Hi, I love your outfit! I wish I could dress in whatever I want to but my mother-in-law restricts me," she frowns.

I look at what she was wearing, a saree. Must be so difficult to wear it while she was traveling. I was dressed in some comfortable jeans and a blouse. I guess I was lucky in that sense, I had gotten a mother-in-law who wouldn't restrict me and let me do whatever I wanted.

"Laila beta, come on. They're almost about to board for our flight," Arjun's mother says.

Once she notices who her daughter-in-law was talking to, she gets protective over her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Aunty, I-."

"Laila don't talk to such a girl, she will ruin our reputation. She is a slut," Aunty yells, gaining the attention of some of the customers in the cafe.

This was so embarrassing. Tears start to emerge in my eyes and leave the cafe. I can't believe this was happening again, all of those people staring at me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Ishaan questions. His hands on my shoulders as tears fall down my face.

"Don't touch me!" I slap away his hands on me. This was all his fault. "This is all your fault."

All of the memories of my parents being embarrassed to even go outside emerge. All of the memories of them not talking to me are all coming back to me.