Y3~..Snow days at Hogwarts..

"I hope Snape isn't going to teach today's class" said Ron. "Y/N or Hermione check."

He gave Y/N a quick nudge, "You owe me." she said.

It was the next day and the Quaret were outside the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.

Praying that Snape wasn't going to teach today's lesson, Y/N opened the door.

Professor Lupin was standing in the middle of the room.

"Did you tell Professor Snape that we haven't covered this yet?" he was saying.

"Yes he wouldn't listen!"

"Say's we were behind!"

Y/N turned around to face her friends, "Good news, Professor Lupin is back!"

Her friends beamed and walked in.

"Two rolls of parchment!"

Professor Lupin smiled and said, "Don't worry. I'll speak to Professor Snape. You don't have to do the essay.

"Oh no," said Hermione looking very disappointed. "I've already finished it!"

"Oh boo hoo," Ron mumbled.

They all took there seats and today they would be learning about Hinkypunks.

Once the bell rang everybody grabbed there bags and headed toward the door, then Lupin called "Harry! I'd like a word."

Harry turned to look at Y/N, she shrugged as a response.

"Catch you later?"

Harry opened his mouth to answer when Professor Lupin said, "Y/N, you may stay if you like as well!"

"Alright then," said Y/N, she smiled at him.

She leaned against the door.

Professor Lupin turned his back on them and started packing his brief case. "I heard about the match, and I'm sorry about your broomstick, Harry. Is there any chance of fixing it?"

"No," said Harry. "It hit the whomping willow"

Lupin sighed. "You know they planted the whomping willow the same year I arrived at Hogwarts. People used to play near it, trying to get near enough to touch the trunk. One time a boy nearly lost an eye and it was off limits."

"Did you hear about the Dementors too?" said Harry with difficulty.

"Yes I did, was that the reason you fell off?"

"Yes," said Harry, slightly embarrassed. "Professor Lupin why do they affect me? Am I just-"

"It had nothing to do with weakness," said Professor Lupin, as though he read Harry's mind.

"The Dementors affect you worse than the others because there are horrors in your past that the others don't have," said Y/N, thinking about the time on the train.

She walked up to them.

"She's right," said Professor Lupin, giving a nod of approval.

"Professor Lupin," said Harry. "You made the dementors back off that day on the train,"

"There are certain defenses one can use," said Professor Lupin. "But there was only one dementor on the train, the more there are, the more difficult it becomes to resist."

"What defenses?" said Harry at once. "Can you teach me?"

"I don't pretend to be an expert at fighting Dementors, Harry..quite the contrary.."

"But if they show up at another Quidditch match, Harry will have to be able to defend himself!" said Y/N.

Professor Lupin hesitated then said "Well...all right. I'll try and help. But it'll have to wait until next term, I'm afraid. I have a lot to do before the holidays."