Y4•+*..The Yule Ball

A/N~Now... what you have all been waiting for..

The Quartet made their way down to the Great Hall for dinner later that evening, Y/N would talk to Harry normally but with slight difficulty trying to control her tone.

"Y/N, do you want pumpkin juice?" Harry asked hesitantly.

"Sure." said Y/N carefully.

Harry grabbed the pitcher, "Where's your cup?"

"Oh, its alright. I'll do it." said Y/N, she grabbed the pitcher out of his hands and grabbed a cup pouring herself some pumpkin juice.

Harry swallowed, and continued to eat.

Hermione breathed and looked around awkwardly. Ron stared between them, slightly pink as he continued to eat.

"Lets head back to the common room." Hermione suggested once they finished eating dinner.

Ron nodded briskly, and they got up heading up the marble staircase.

"Are you better now?" Harry asked Y/N once more. "I mean, your hands?"

"Yes, thank you." Y/N nodded.

"Hermione," said Ron, trying to calm down the tension. "Who are you going to the ball with- if anyones asked you?"

Hermione turned to glare at him and opened her mouth to respond before a cold drawing voice came from behind him.

"Your joking, Weasley!" said Malfoy. "You're not telling me someone's asked that to the ball? Not the Mudblood."

"Foul loathsome bitc-" Y/N began at him, clenching her fists and turning around to run at him.

"Y/N!" Hermione said at once.

"Hey-!" said Harry, putting his arms around her. "You're not going anywhere."

Y/N felt her stomach do a summersault as Harry wrapped his arms around her waist with a protective grip.

Malfoy smirked, "Yeah, that's right L/N. Protecting your Mudblood friend?"

Y/N struggled against Harry that tightened his grip warningly. Hermione stared between them worriedly and her eyes lit up suddenly.

"Hello Professor Moody!" she said.

Malfoy's face went white and he whipped his head around quickly, stumbling backwards.

Professor Moody was still at the staff table, finishing his stew.

Y/N shook free of Harry's grip that loosened, she smirking teasingly.

"Twitchy little ferret aren't you, Malfoy?"

She put her the hood of her robes over her head and mocked Malfoy who had done the same to Harry a while ago.

"Oooooo,"

Malfoy scowled, and the Quartet walked up the stairs laughing. They reached the common room and sat down on the couch near the fire.

"Hermione," said Ron suddenly, looking sideways at her and frowning. "Your teeth..."

"What about them?" Hermione asked picking up a book from the coffee table in front of them.

"Well, they're different....I've just noticed..."

"Well of course," she said. "You didn't expect me to keep those fangs Malfoy gave me, right?"

"No—no go course not, but they're different...their all straight and normal sized..." Ron said, leaning in a bit closer.

Hermione didn't seem to notice Ron's closeness but she grinned mischievously, and indeed her smile was different from the one they remembered.