Y3~A Hippogriff's fate..

"Harry, Ron." said Y/N, shaking the boys awake.

Y/N and Hermione had spent the last couple of minutes trying to find them, and at last they found them sleeping in the library.

Harry and Ron jumped, they looked around and saw Y/N staring at them, Hermione was behind her, looking down.

"Oh, hey," said Harry, giving a small smile. "Me and Ron were just investigating on Hippogriff cases."

"Well you're really behind." said Hermione, glaring.

Ron rolled his eyes. "What makes you say that?"

"I thought you ought to know.." said Hermione, her hands trembling. She was holding a letter. "Hagrid lost his case..Buckbeak is going to be executed..."

"He's what..?" Harry asked.

"Executed!" said Hermione, tears pouring down her face.

Ron and Harry looked at Y/N for confirmation and only saw Hermione's face reflected.

Harry and Ron took the letter from Hermione's hands and read.

Dear Hermione and Y/N,

We lost. I'm allowed to bring him back to Hogwarts.

Execution date to be fixed.

Beaky has enjoyed London.

I won't forget the help you and Y/N gave us.

Hagrid

"They can't do this!" said Harry, facing them.

"Malfoy's dad probably frightened them... cowards." muttered Y/N bitterly.

"There'll be an appeal..there always is. Only I can't see any hope...nothing will have changed.." said Hermione, wiping her nose.

"Yeah, it will!" said Ron fiercely. "You won't have to do all the work alone this time, Hermione and Y/N. I'll help."

"Oh, Ron!" Hermione cried.

Hermione flung her arms around Ron's neck and sobbed. Ron patted her awkwardly on the top of the head.

Y/N pointed a finger at him mouthing 'ha-ha'

Ron sent her a glare over Hermiones shoulder.

"Ron—i'm so—so so sorry about—Scabbers," she sobbed, drawing away.

"Oh.. well-he- was-old," said Ron, shrugging. "And he was a bit useless. You never know, Mum and Dad might give me an owl now."

Hermione let out a watery chuckle.

***

The morning of the Quidditch final had finally arrived, and everyone was buzzing with excitement walking down the stands.

Harry, Y/N, Hermione and Ron were amongst them.

"Good luck, Harry!" called Cho Chang, waking with a curly haired girl.

Harry turned to look, flustered he gave a small smile.

Y/N turned to look at Cho, who was arm and arm with her friend.

She gave a small frown.

"Well, I'll see you guys after the match." said Harry, stopping.

"Good luck Harry." said Ron and Hermione.

Harry smiled at them. "Thanks guys. Y/N?"

"Hm?" she said, looking at him.

"Aren't you going to wish me good luck?" he said, grinning.