Y4•+*The Third Task & Goodbyes..

The bitter winter of March had gone and the warm weather of June had arrived to Y/N's delight.

On a warm afternoon the Quartet were doing their homework, except Harry who had gone off with the other champions to find out what the next task was going to be and what to expect.

He returned late at night, looking white. He stumbled through the portrait whole and sat down next to Y/N.

"Harry, whats wrong? What happened?" said Hermione worriedly. Y/N grabbed his hand gently.

Harry took a shaky breath and began to explain — from being in the forest talking to Krum and then Mr. Crouch appeared looking like a complete lunatic, when he returned Krum was stunned and Mr. Crouch was nowhere to be seen.

"He was out of his mind," said Harry quietly. "Said something about his son and wanting to warn Dumbledore,"

"And about You-Know-Who?" Ron asked slowly.

Harry looked at him, his expression gleaming with no good news.

"Says he's getting stronger.."

Ron, Hermione and Y/N exchanged worried looks.

Regardless of that Harry tried to reassure them even if he was the one to be reassured, they shook off the topic and instead focused on how they were almost out of school and couldn't wait to hang out together.

***

Y/N and Fleur were sitting near the lake, the next day. They were discussing the third task.

"Turns out eet is a maze," said Fleur, shrugging. "I was sure eet was 'oing to be a tunnel and we 'ad to fin' something,"

"A maze isn't that bad," said Y/N as she braided Fleur's silvery hair. "I mean, what could go wrong?"

Fleur nodded in agreement. "Where is that 'arry boy?"

"With Professor Dumbledore, say's he has to talk to him," said Y/N, chucking.

She thought back to last night, and how Harry was shaky but yet reassured them. Later that night Harry had woken up in a cold sweat. He had started rambling on something about Pettigrew and how he's getting tortured by Voldemort.

Luckily, Ron cast a spell that swung open the girls dormitory — since he couldn't get up there to tell them personally and Y/N and Hermione jumped off their beds to go check.

There was definitely something wrong. The fact that it was the night before the third task made Y/N's stomach into a tight knot.

"Fleur, I'm really worried," Y/N whispered, she had to talk to someone.

Fleur turned around to look at her, looking confused and when she saw her expression she looked worried.

"What's wrong Y/N?"

"It's just — I don't know I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. I'm on edge it feels like I'm going to —"

Fleur cut her off when she embraced her in a warm hug, caressing her hair.

"Everything will be alright, you'll see," she said in her thick French accent.

"I hope so," Y/N said, and she really did.

***

The following day Y/N walked down to the stands with her friends feeling more nervous than ever. Hermione and Ron took notice and tried to reassure her but deep down they also felt worried.

Bill, Mr. Weasley and Mrs. Weasley had come to see Harry in the task since the champions families were invited to come. Cornelius Fudge came to see the task too.