Y4•+*..Dance Lessons & Partners

"Potter, Weasley!" barked Professor Mcgonagall. "Will you pay attention!"

The cold air of December had arrived at last, and Y/N, who was taking notes, jumped and turned around.

Harry and Ron had their ties wrapped around their heads as they played with fake wands like children.

The boys looked up, and Harry caught sight of Y/N. He flushed and quickly removed his tie, avoiding contact. Y/N smiled and chuckled.

"Children." Hermione muttered quietly.

"Now that Potter and Weasley have been kind enough to act they're age, I have something to say to you all,"

Y/N looked at Professor Mcgonagall once more as she started to speak.

"The Yule Ball is approaching- a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above- although you may invite a younger student if you wish-"

Lavender Brown giggled, Parvati nudged her in the ribs, but her face was scrunched up as she tried not to burst into a shrill of giggles. Y/N and Hermione exchanged looks of surprise.

Harry felt his face grow hot and Ron hid behind his hair.

"Dress robes will be worn," Professor Mcgonagall continued. "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas day, finishing at midnight in the Great hall. Now then-"

Professor Mcgonagall scanned the room.

"The Yule Ball is of course for us all to -er- let our hair down," she said, in a disapproving voice.

Lavender and Parvat giggled. Y/N let out a small chuckle and Hermione tried to hide her smile.

She could see what was funny this time. Professor Mcgonagall was always seen in a tight bun and it looked like she never let her hair down.

"But that does NOT mean," Professor Mcgonagall went on sternly. "That we will be relaxing, the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way."

The bell rang, and everyone grabbed their bags, making there way to there next class.

"Potter a word," said Professor Mcgonagall, standing up from her desk.

The Quartet exchanged confused looks.

"I'll see you all later," he said, and Y/N, Hermione and Ron exited the room.

"Exciting isn't it?" Y/N said eagerly. "A ball! Gosh, I've never been to those."

"It should be interesting," Hermione said thoughtfully. "I wonder if you need dates.."

Ron cleared his throat loudly and the girls stared at him.

"Sorry," he said, turning pink. "It's just.. if we do.. you know need dates. I don't know how I'm going to ask a girl."

"You can always ask us." said Hermione timidly. Y/N blinked and Ron gaped.

"No, no, no." said Ron shaking his head briskly. He looked at Y/N and then at Hermione who refused to look at him. "Actually.. I can— consider it."

Hermione nodded her head briskly and Y/N giggled.

"I really doubt we'll be forced to get dates." said Y/N slowly. "But.. it'd be nice to get asked out."

"Do you think Harry will ask you?" Hermione said at once.

"What? No! Why- why would he? Do you see how awkward he is? There's no way he would ask someone out.." Y/N rambled on quickly.