Y3~The Beginning of something new..

Present~

Dear Harry..

Two weeks down. Just another three to go. Yet it feels like eternity here without you. And Ronnie and Mione of course. Been talking to them over summer, Ron's in Egypt, can you believe that!? Quite rude of him not to ask me to go with him, I'll have to tell him off one of these days. Anyways, I'm writing to tell you me and dad are going to Diagon Alley this weekend to buy supplies. I hope to see you there at least. Hope your fine with the Dursley's, not giving you much trouble and all. You'll get out of there soon, do it for me, will you?

Love Y/N..

P.S- No, I don't love you. Don't get the wrong idea buddy. I do miss you though <3

Harry laughed, his face heating up rapidly. He re-read the letter one last time before folding it neatly and placing it in one of his drawers, overflowing with Y/N's letter's he's kept over the years.

He turned to look at the door where a shadow passed by the bottom, he frowned and turned to look at the night sky.

"I'll try, Y/N." he said. "I'll do it for you, I promise," he added, whispering to himself and closing his eyes.

Y/N put down her quill, she thought about writing to Ron, she rummaged through her drawer trying to find a new piece of parchment.

"Y/N!"

"What dad?" Y/N called back.

Silence..

"Y/N!"

"What?!"

Y/N drummed her fingers, and when there was no answer she slammed her hands on the desk frustratingly and got up.

Joseph, Joseph, Joseph... A foolish, sarcastic man with a playful personality, one would think it was impossible he would get sorted into Ravenclaw.

"What?" said Y/N grimly when she reached the bottom step leading into the kitchen.

"There you are! Why didn't you answer me?" said Joseph, frowning.

"What-but-I did!" Y/N protested furiously.

"Tsk, tsk." said Joseph, shaking his head. "Lies, lies."

Y/N bit her lip furiously.

"Fine." she said. "You win."

"Beautiful" said Joseph, nodding his head.

"Why'd you call?"

"Well Y/N," said Joseph, walking over to the window. "Since we've been stuck in here for quite a while now and its a beautiful day-"

Y/N watched her dad pace around the room, she smirked.

"Get to the point."

"Er-right," said Joseph, scratching his head awkwardly. "I want ice cream."

"Of course you do." said Y/N, scoffing. "You do this every year dad."

Joseph shook his head. "Of course I don't!"

"Mhm, sure." said Y/N, she ran up the stairs to her bedroom, hearing Joseph protest after her.

When Y/N got her coat she saw Joseph staring out the window once more.

"My dear, why did you leave me with this daughter of ours." he ranted.