Chapter 2

"We need to talk" Nick bluntly told her.

"Its not going to work, Nick so tell Jesse just to back off" She responded.

"Yeah well how about this" he said to her handing her his phone opened to Instagram and to Torrey's profile. It was her latest post, announcing her wedding engagement to Blue Bloods star Will Estes, accompanied with a photo of the two looking as happy as ever and Torrey's hand positioned on Will's chest showcasing off her new diamond ring.

"Oh" was all Abbey could muster.

She looked up at Nick who was nodding his head with a "I told you so" expression on his face. He took his phone back and exited Torrey's profile. He opened up another profile and showed it to her. It was now open to Will Estes' profile, showing off an almost identical post announcing his engagement to Torrey, a photo of them with her holding her hand out wearing her beautiful engagement ring.

"Oh my God what have I done?" Abbey whispered.

Nick scrolled down to a post on Will's profile from a month ago, the very day that that trashy site claimed the picture of Jesse and Torrey was taken showing her a picture of Will and Torrey in New York together. There was no way that Jesse was with Torrey that day, he was telling her the truth and she didn't believe him.

"Oh no Nick" was all she could say.

He kept scrolling through Instagram going back to Torreys profile and scrolling down a good bit. Finally he found a picture on Torrey's profile of her and Jesse and showed it to her.

"Ok thats the one, that's the picture Nick"

"Look at the date Abs"

She did and she was horrified when she saw October 21, 2018.

"Oh God oh God"

"You won't find this picture on Jesse's profile because he's deleted all the posts of Sophia and Torrey the only woman you'll see on his profile other than his mom, and Shayne and Jenna and occasional selfies with him and Marina, are of you."

"Nick I screwed up so bad."

" Yeah you did"

"Nick I loved him, and I messed up"

"He loved you too Abbey. He still does"

"Its too late. I screwed everything up"

"Its never too late. He loves you. Hes miserable without you. Paddy has been staying with him because he's literally made him self sick over this breakup "

" You mean like physically sick?"

Nick just nodded "Yeah, he's not been well"

"Oh God now I feel sick"

"Make it right Abbey. Most of your stuff is still in the apartment. He hasn't touched it. Call him and tell him you want to go home"

She nodded "Ok"

But it wasnt that easy. She left several texts and several messages.

"Jesse it's Abbey again. I can't tell you how sorry I am enough. I messed up so bad Jess, I should have believed you, I know the truth now and I'm so sorry I should have trusted you. I'll do anything to make this right and come back home. Just please call me back. I love you Jess"

Finally Abbeys phone buzzed in her scrub pocket. She pulled it out to look at it and her heart nearly stopped when she saw the notification

JESSE

She quickly opened the text.

Been filming all day, just got your messages. All is forgiven. Just come home. I love you more.

Abbey breathed a sigh of relief. And texted back a response.

My shift ends in a few hours. I'll be home as soon as I can. Love you

She placed her phone back in her scrub top finally feeling happy and went back to work.

Right at the end of her shift, Abbey was dropping off her charts at the nurses station right when paramedics were wheeling in a new patient. She briefly looked up and she gasped. She knew that body anywhere.