Chapter 53 Part 2

Several Hours Later

Jesse lay on Abbeys hospital bed still holding her as she slept in his arms. They had been at the hospital for hours now. Abbey had been moved to her own room and would most likely be kept overnight. They had given her something down in the Emergency Department that would help her calm down and help her sleep and so she had spent the last several hours sleeping in Jesse's arms. So Jesse had spent the last several hours watching Abbey sleep in his arms, that and check his phone whenever he would recieve updates from Patrick or his father and stepmother in law. Ryan and Leah had been in almost constantly checking on him and Abbey.

Jesse wrapped his arms around her even tighter and softly kissed her temple. Abbey suddenly began to stir in his arms.

"Hi" she said as she opened her eyes.

"Hey" he said kissing the top of her head. "How do you feel?"

"Tired, Empty"

He just nodded. There weren't a lot of words to be said at this point. And they both knew that. They had always been a very connected couple, always feeling whatever the other felt. But what happened this morning connected them in a much different way. They both felt every possible emotion and they didn't need to speak of it to know what the other was feeling or experiencing at the moment.

"I know this sucks, it's awful," he told her and she nodded. "But we're going to get through this."

She just curled her body more into his, if that was even possible and nodded again as she looked up and her eyes looked deep into his.

"Just promise me this won't break us."

He looked right at her and shook his head. "No, never. I'm here, I'm not going anywhere." He reached down and softly kissed him. She rested her head back on his chest, letting his heartbeat calm her down again.

"Jaylee?" She asked him.

"She's at your Dad's. Brooke has her. She's fine. She doesn't know anything happened. And at this point, she's so young, maybe it's better if we don't tell her. She's too young to understand."

Abbey just nodded agreeing with him.

"Ryan said it was a boy. So when she's older and she can understand, we'll tell her she had a brother"

"Where is he?"

"Um. I gave him to Leah. And she and Ryan are taking care of him. They asked me what we wanted to do. If we wanted to have the hospital dispose of him or if we wanted to have him sent to the funeral home for either cremation or burial. Since it wasn't a normal miscarriage. I mean I know what I would decide but I wasn't going to make that decision without you."

"He was still our baby Jesse"

"I know that. I know."

"We can't just let the hospital- no, he was our baby. Our baby boy."

Jesse let out a deep breath. "I was hoping you'd say that."

"I know he's tiny but we should have him buried."

Jesse nodded, looking down at her, "I agree. And that's what we'll do."

"We should give him a name. My parents grew up with these people and they got married and had 3 girls. I went to school with 2 of the oldest daughters, one was a year older and one was a year younger than me. But before they had their daughters they had a son. What happened to us was exactly what happened to them. I knew that because they buried their son in the same cemetery as my grandfather was buried in and we used to go all the time when I was little. But they didn't name him."