Chapter 47

December 2021

Jesse was on his way home from the Chicago PD set. It had been a long day of filming and all he wanted was to come home and see his girls. They had just broke for their winter hiatus which meant they wouldn't start filming again until January. Which to him that meant 3 wonderful weeks at home with Jaylee. Abbey had decided to go back to work part time in the emergency department at Rush. She loved being a doctor and Jesse didn't want her to give up being who she was. They had a partnership that worked. Neither one of them wanted to hire a nanny like most celebrities did, they didn't want their child to rely on any one else to raise her, they could work it out. The Chicago PD had a child care center that they cared for the children of the officers that worked for Chicago PD. There were several locations and there was one location right down the street from the UIC police headquarters where Jesse and the cast filmed Chicago PD. He had become friends with several of the real Chicago PD officers and several of the officers had their children enrolled in the PD's childcare system. Since Jesse was working with many of the officers and filmed at the headquarters, he and Abbey could enroll Jaylee in the child care center. And they were more comfortable with that than just a random daycare. There would be police officers coming and going all times of the day and night, picking up and dropping off their children, so the constant police presence gave both Jesse and Abbey a piece of kind that it was one of the safest places for their daughter, even more so than the hospital's day care center. So Jesse and Abbey had checked it out and met with the nursery staff. So when Jesse is filming and Abbey is working, Jesse could drop Jaylee off at daycare and whoever got off first would pick her up. And from mid March to mid July while Jesse was on hiatus he would keep Jaylee with him while Abbey was working and he was looking forward to that. To having quality time every day with his daughter.

Jesse pulled in and entered their house. For the most part the house was pretty quiet until he noticed the soft baby noises and his wife's soft gentle voice talking to their daughter. Jesse smiled as he hurried upstairs and made his way to Jaylee's nursery. He stood in the doorway watching his wife gently rock their nearly 5 month old daughter and sweetly talk to her.

After a few minutes, Jaylee settled off to sleep, and Abbey looked towards the doorway to see Jesse standing against the frame looking at his wife and daughter in awe

"Hey I thought I heard you come in," Abbey said

He just smiled and nodded and slowly walked away from the door frame and approached her. He bent down and gently took Jaylee from Abbey's arms. Abbey stood up from the rocking chair as Jesse held Jaylee in his arms for a few minutes, just admiring her.

He bent over her crib, and placed the sleeping baby in it. Jesse and Abbey leaned over her crib, just watching her sleep.

"She's almost 5 months" Abbey noted.

"How did that happen?"

Abbey nodded and smiled.

"I know. We've almost been married a year too"

"Now that I very much remember" Jesse said grabbing Abbey in his arms. Abbey smiled wrapping her arms around Jesse's neck as he trailed kisses down her neck. Abbey pleasantly moaned.

"Bedroom?" He asked.

Abbey eagerly nodded her head.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Super short chapter but I decided to break this one into two parts instead of two. Again another filler before i get on with the future for Jesse, Abbey, and Jaylee. Working on the second part of this chapter now so it will be up soon sometime today.