Chapter 57

Saturday, August 9, 2025

Emme was nearly 6 weeks old now. Abbey had been home out of the hospital for nearly 5 weeks now. And the transition to having 1 child to having 2 children now had gone very smoothly. Abbey was still recuperating from both her c section and her complete hysterectomy, still not being able to lift either Emme nor Jaylee but Jesse had been wonderful throughout her recovery and being the wonderful, amazing, attentive, hands on father that he was. Abbey was not breast feeding this time around due to missing out on several feedings and Jesse had told her she just needed to focus on recovering and he would handle the early feedings. They of course had a nursery for Emme but had planned on keeping her in their bedroom for several months just like they had with Jaylee. She had a circular crib near her side of the bed, on that side of the room along with a rocking chair to rock Emme. But Jesse had ending up ordering a co sleeper and had it installed on his side of the bed so at night, he put Emme in the cosleeper on his side.

Jaylee was now 4 and getting ready to start preschool and the earlier reservations Abbey had had about Jaylee adjusting to being a big sister were now gone, Jaylee had adjusted beautifully and she loved being a big sister. With the exception of one incident that happened the day that Abbey and Emme had come home from the hospital.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, July 13, 2025

Abbey was upstairs sleeping in their bed, taking a nap. Jesse had brought Abbey and Emme home just hours earlier. When Jaylee woke from her nap, she was ecstatic to find her Daddy there. He had carried her into their bedroom where Abbey was propped up in bed holding Emme. Jaylee was super excited to see her mom and to finally meet her baby sister. She LOVED her new baby sister and already loved being a big sister.

Now Abbey was upstairs resting like Jesse had ordered and he had placed a sleeping Emme in her pack and play before her feeding. Jaylee was just standing there watching over her baby sister while Jesse was in the laundry room tackling some much needed laundry when he heard Emme crying. He looked at his watch, she was right on time and obviously hungry. He threw the laundry pod in and closed the washing machine turning it on. He quickly hurried into the living room to get Emme, he didn't want her to wake up Abbey. When he got into the living room he saw quite an amusing sight.

Jaylee had crawled into the pack and play and was knelt down by her sister. Emme was crying and Jaylee had one arm wrapped around her and the other was raised up to her face, clearly distraught with her sister being so upset.

Jesse smiled and shook his head at the sight but quickly headed over and picked up Emme

"It's ok, Jaylee, I'm here" Jesse said picking up Emme. And holding out his hand to Jaylee helping her out as well. As soon as Emme was in Jesse's arms, she was still crying but was much quieter.