Chapter 15

2 days later, Abbey was sitting in their office room, while Jesse lay stretched out on the couch.

"Jess?!"

"Yeah babe what's up?" Jesse could hear the printer going.

"We just got our license. I'm printing it now."

Jesse jumped up. "I'll text Paddy. You call Leah. I'm going to change"

"Ok so because of Covid, we have to have an appointment. They have an opening at 2:45. I'm taking it"

"Ok baby. Sounds great."

-----------------------------------------------------------
A few hours later Abbey and Jesse stood inside a courtroom in Chicago before a judge, Jesse's best friend Patrick, and Abbeys stepsister Leah as they recited wedding vows.

They decided to write their own vows

Jesse: "Abbey from the moment our paths crossed, you've surprised me, distracted me, captivated me, and challenged me in a way no human being ever has, I've fallen in love with you again and again with each new day, countless times, without reservation, and I still can't believe that today I get to marry my best friend. I promise to be true to you, to uplift and support you, to frustrate and to challenge you, and to share with you the most beautiful moments of life. Someday, if the stars align just right, I might even let you win an argument. No matter what trials and tribulations we face together, or how much time has passed, I know that our love will never fade, that we will always find strength in each other, and that we will continue to grow side by side. I believe in us, and I will love you always, with every beat of my heart until my last breath whenever that shall be."

Abbey laughed and teared up during Jesse's vows but got especially emotional during with every beat of my heart until my last breath whenever that shall be.

Abbey said her vows next.

Abbey: "Jesse, on this, our special day I give to you in the presence of God and our witnesses, my promise to stand by your side, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad, I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you, cry with you, take care of you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, promise to never walk out even during our biggest argument, and I will cherish you for as long as we both shall live"

Jesse got emotional during Abbeys vows during my promise to stand by your side, in sickness and in health

They finally got to share their first kiss as husband and wife

"I love you so much" Jesse said nothing but pure love showing in his gorgeous blue eyes.

Tears glistened in Abbeys eyes as she nodded

"I love you too always"

Jesse nodded, emotional as well, kissing her forehead "Always" "Lets go home"