Chapter 38

Chapter 38 Time to be Happy

------

"My heart keeps being shattered to pieces. It's so painful every time that I feel like I would go insane. I don't want any more of this pain. I just want to be happy. "

------

In the middle of a forest that seems to be part of a private property lies a place of worship.

It was worn down, dilapidated columns piled up in front of the building. Vines were wrapped randomly on its crevices, wild flowers blossomed on the cracked walls. Gone were the days where it emits holiness and now it's nothing but a gloomy presentation of what it once was.

And there she was.

The sun was just about to set, letting her know that she has a couple of hours before the graduation ceremony starts.

"This place still looks like how it was back then..."

Smiling to herself, she opened the door that led to the interior of the church.

The door produced a loud creak, alerting the person that was waiting for her.

"Hallo?" she asked, her voice echoing across the room.

Rows of pews were smashed to pieces, only broken wood littering the area. On the altar is a lone table and a broken cross. The stained glasses, however, remained intact. On it is a colorful presentation of the God the girl continuously worship.

And on the table sat a familiar person. Her arms and legs were crossed and her head was held up high. She wasn't wearing her usual pair of casual clothes nor her uniform. She was in a simple black dress that reached her ankles, long black gloves that reached her elbows. On her blond hair was a red rose, on the verge of wilting.

"You're here," her innocent voice chimed.

"I am indeed here. What do you want though? I only have a couple of hours till my graduation," the girl by the door answered as she slowly walked to the person that had gone through lengths to call her,

Yui Komori.

"Also, why are you skipping class just to cosplay?"

Yui raised an eyebrow, "Nothing, senior."

"I'm just curious about one thing..."

The girl didn't talk and let the blonde continue.

"Do you remember me?"

A draft seemed to have entered through the door as a shiver ran through the girl's spine. It was a question she didn't expect from someone she rarely spoke to ever since.

"What if I do?" the girl inquired, stopping her strides once she's in front of the bedazzled girl.

"Then that also means you remember Laito. And everyone else,"

"Why won't I remember Laito Sakamaki, younger brother of my two classmates, Reiji and Shuu Sakamaki?"

Yui stared at the girl so hard as a response.

"What." the girl answered Yui's glare.

The girl know that the blonde was acting a bit off-setting. Instead of fanning her flames, the girl turned around and look at their vicinity.

No matter how this church is in ruins, she can't help but remember her deceased mother.

"My mother wished that she were to be married in a church like this," she said, a small smile on her face, "She did get married in the church but the god they were worshipping was different from what she knew."