Chapter 8

Chapter 8 Cogito Ergo Sum

-----

'Cogito ergo sum.

I think; therefore, I am.

I have the ability to think and that is the proof that I'm alive,

I should take that sign as a blessing.

After all, I only lost some of my memories and I still can think;

However, all I do these days is think.

Am I living the life I wanted to?

Am I really in love with him?

Various thoughts fill my mind every single day.

Is there an end to it?

I just want a peace of mind.

Cogito ergo sum.

I think; therefore, I exist.

... But can I please stop thinking for a while and still continue to live?'

-----

It was nighttime. Most of the people have already retired for the day, some relaxing while most are sleeping. Ryousei Academy, however, continued with its usual routine, housing several night students who had busy schedules during the morning and therefore spend their nights in mentioned academe.

"Thank you very much for your consideration." Two students gave a modest bow to their homeroom teacher.

The girl and her boyfriend had gone to the faculty room in order to inform their homeroom teacher about the accident she had and how it had affected her attendance for the past weeks. It didn't take long to convince the young female teacher since Kou Mukami was also using his charm in wooing her. Another reason is that,

"One student had already told me about the reason of her absence too," the teacher said, adjusting her framed glasses, "I suppose it was you who actually see to her treatment, yes?"

"Yes." The idol answered with a polite yet charming smile.

"Alright then. I will make arrangement for you to be able to catch up with the lessons you've missed." The older woman decided with a slight nod, turning to her record book in order to note some of her agenda.

'I don't remember all of the lessons I've taken here, though. I have amnesia, remember?' The girl thought, 'Or didn't you listen to Kou's explanation?'

'Oh right, you're too busy ogling my boyfriend.'

"That would be all," the adult smiled, "Take it easy for now and try to catch up next week."

And with that, the two bowed and exited the faculty room.

There wasn't any unprecedented happening in the faculty room. The girl managed to talk her way out of having special classes. All seems fine... Except for the fact that the blond male beside her hasn't been talking to her for two days. The obvious reason being the fact that the girl was caught red handed as Yuma was holding her in his arms in an intimate manner. She tried to explain what was happening, but Kou wouldn't listen to any of her words.