Chapter 9

Chapter 9 Confusion's Game

-----

'Like a wicked spider,

I slowly threaded,

A spiral of lies,

To deceive, to conquer,

The innocent heart

Of a lost butterfly,

To quench my thirst,

For the blood I crave,

And for the love I seek.'

-----

"Just run to my room whenever you feel threatened, okay?"

"Why would I feel threatened?" the girl asked in annoyance as her cheeks were squished to the point that she looked like a chipmunk.

After their reconciliation, the blond male escorted her to her classroom. Despite the show of affection, the two still decided to keep their discretion by making the male walk a couple of inches ahead of the girl. Both still don't want their relationship to be known in public.

"In case someone tries to hit on you or something!" he clarified. Right after his statement, the bell rang, signaling the students to get back to their classroom.

"Who would hit on me?" the girl slapped his hand away from her cheeks as gently as she can, massaging them afterward, "Except you, that is."

She didn't wait for the idol's response and merely shooed him away, entering the room with no inhibitions or care about what she would face. Once she shut the door, the vampire couldn't hide his sadistic amused smirk anymore.

It was time for the Sakamaki to meet the girl once again. The first and utmost priority amongst them had already seen his affectionate exchange with his supposed lover. The Mukami couldn't help but wonder what the reaction of the pureblood was. Was he miserable? Was he enraged? It would totally be a scene to watch.

"This is more fun than I thought." He cheerfully muttered to himself, walking away from the door and to his brothers that were situated in the room mere meters away from the girl's.

It angers him that him and his siblings were being used as a distraction to the girl who already captivated most of the Sakamaki. That man clearly plans to monopolize Eve to his real offsprings and let his adopted ones eat on the purebloods' scrapes. It might seem that they are on the losing end. However, they have the Sakamaki's gem. The Sakamakis might have the most precious diamond in the world, but it will never be the center of their attention if they have seen a beauty that transcend it, no matter if it's a cheap rip-off or not. And this rip-off gem is in their hands. His, to be more specific. He wouldn't give her back to the Sakamaki anymore. She was his and he would do anything for her to hate the Sakamaki the way he does.

It was time for their show to start. It would certainly be a fun one.

-----

The air was still as the two vampires stared at each in pure hatred. One's stare was hinted with smugness while the other was that of complete envy.

"What do you want? I have my date with –"

"Do you have nothing better to do but brag about your possession?" the older vampire cut his brother off, giving him a pointed glare.