Chapter 10

Chapter 10 A Certain Paradigm Shift

-----

"Drowning in a pool of emotions,

I reached out to you who stood on the surface,

You were smiling that familiar smile,

From those memories when there's you and I,

I thought that I'd be back by your side,

But then I realized,

You weren't back for me.

And so, I continue drowning,

Drowning in a pool of emotions,

Never to rise on the surface again."

-----

Silence continued to ensue amidst the black sky. It was already morning but the sun was still nowhere in sight and only darkness continued to pervade the atmosphere of the Ryousei Academy. However, once the clock stroke 4 am, the loud ringing of the bells announcing the end of the class hours filled every student's ears. It served as a signal for the professors to stop their lecture and dismiss the bored teenagers from their misery.

A lone blond male jerked at the sudden noise the bells had brought to his ears once the song he was listening to paused for a brief second to skipped to the next one. He rose up from his lying position, releasing a huge yawn as he did so.

'I have to get home and sleep on my bed...'

He stretched his long legs and arms, twisting his head from left to right. 'Or else that heavy girl will sit on my stomach again-oh, right. She's already escaped,' he scratched his curly locks annoyingly and pressed the stop button of his mp3 player.

Shuu stood up from the floor where he was napping, walked to the door while avoiding the scattered instruments, and left the music room in a daze.

Even though he was the one to conclude that the girl had escaped, he still felt a little bit uncomfortable at such thought. She has been a vital part of him and his brothers' life. She was spontaneous and does whatever the f*ck she wants. It was amusing and a new sight for them. And now, what their left with was a mere weak-willed sacrificial bride.

'You should have escaped when we didn't give a d*mn about you. Why leave now?'

"It's probably because your siblings are a*sholes," the imaginary voice of the girl told him with a joking tone.

'That's actually right, imagination.'

...

'Wait. That wasn't my imagination-'

Shu's thoughts were disrupted as the girl's familiar figure came to his view. He watched her pass by him as she continued to animatedly converse with a strange blond male with ocean blue eyes. To his complete surprise, she didn't crack a joke about him being an apparel nor did she even bother giving him a glance.

"Well, that's true. I'm truly the kindest out of the five of us," the stranger replied to her with a cheerful voice, briefly glancing at Shuu's direction and giving him a demeaning smirk that disappeared in less than a second.

...

The oldest Sakamaki's eyes widened as the scent of the stranger hit his nose... The stranger was not a human. Doubts filled his frozen blue eyes.