Chapter 13

Chapter 13 Lingering Feelings

'I love you.

Words that don't suit you,

Words that don't suit me,

Words that don't suit us.

Your smile, I want to cherish,

Your eyes, I want to adore,

Your face, I want to caress,

Your lips, I want to kiss.

Shall I act on my impulse?

Or shall I let these lingering feelings stay as is?'

-----
Staring at the screen of the phone, she couldn't help but release a sigh.

The excruciating feeling of her heart being crushed was still bugging the hell out of her. It felt like every pain the world had to give was already pressing down her shoulders.

Pain. Pain. Pain.

She just wants to erase the pain.

"Hey. Pick your things already," a cold voice ordered behind her.

Releasing another sigh, the girl willed herself to ignore the tingling pain of her chest. Mustering an angry glare, she glanced at the tall raven-haired male.

She didn't bother defendinh herself and just whisked pass him and started to analyze each laptop in display.

"She's mad," a voice beside Ruki suddenly spoke out.

Ruki scoffed, "She's just like you when you first came to us."

The redhead laughed sheepishly and the older male took this opportunity to sneak a glance in his brother's direction.

"I'll be leaving this child in your care," he said, gesturing to the petite figure who was hiding behind him, "They are still recuperating from second and third degree burns so try not to scare them that much."

"A human kid?" Yuma spat in disgust. He couldn't utter more demeaning words because of his presence.

Right on cue, the kid with long light brown locks peeked in his direction, sticking a tongue out as if to mock the tall male. Almost half of the kid's frail body was covered with thick layers of bandages and few old scars littered around it. It definitely looked pathetic.

"Yes. Until all his injuries heal," he answered briefly, "Be careful. This human kid's dangerous. He bites."

...

'What.'

"You both are--"

"Kaisei! Does this look okay?" the girl called out for the redhead and the male quickly walked to her side to look at what she's pointing at.

Ruki's eye twitched as he watched the interaction of the two. When did they get so close? Why did Kaisei prioritize her over him? And why in the world is he gawking at the girl as if she was the most expensive gem in the world? Wasn't that stare for him?

"Ruki-brobro, you're so strong! Will I grow up to be like you?" the little girl's eyes sparkle so brightly as she clutched on the pants of said male.