Chapter 29

Chapter 29 Sibling Fight

-----

'The only we wanted for her is simple

....'

-----

Victorian era furniture. Dark walls that stretched beyond sight. Ceiling that could reach the sky.

"How rich are you?" the girl asked, eyeing every peculiar object that would steal her attention, "Man, this is like an episode of the show, The Daily Life of The Rich and Fabulous."

She was walking around the mansion with Laito beside her. She was amazed and definitely tired by how much they had walked along the vicinity.

"Rich enough to buy you?" Laito answered with a head tilt. He closed his eyes and shook his head in amusement at his own joke.

Once he opened his eyes, he was surprised to see the girl facing him, wrists presented to him.

"Cuff me, Daddy."

...

"Hah!" he pointed at her in glee, "You called me Daddy!"

The girl was taken aback by his reaction, making her arms flop to her sides.

Her joke backfired more than she thought. She didn't know that she'll meet someone with a daddy kink her entire life.

"Stop looking at me like that!" the male laughed, "I'm just feeling triumphant."

"That a person older than you called you daddy?"

"More like you called me daddy. You told me that I was never a daddy material."

"But I never told you tha-- oh." Well, of course. Memory loss.

Both stared at each other in silence. His intelligent eyes against her confused ones.

Electrifying.

An invisible connection seemed to have been forged between them even with her lack of memories. The comforting silence reached both of their hearts and prompt a shiver down their spine.

...

"So, how much would I cost?" the girl asked, trying to break the silence.

She was expecting a laugh but got none. Instead, he continued to stare intently at her with his forest green eyes.

"You're worth more than any money in this world," he softly answered, hand slowly reaching out to touch her cheek.

She moved back in an instant, afraid that such tender gesture would land on her skin.  She awkwardly cleared her throat, turned away from him, and walked onwards.

The girl doesn't know why she flinched away from such intimacy. A part of her wanted him to touch her. However, her body instinctively dodged the affectionate assault as if it didn't want him near her.

"I'll be taking my things from your mansion in two days. After I sort out where I would live," she said, shifting their topic in an instant.

"Don't... you want to continue living here?"

"Nope. I mean, don't take it the wrong way; this is luxury. But I don't think I'm capable of being a leech as of the moment," she quickly answered, "I have low self-respect as is. I don't want to feel more useless."

"Oh."

'And my brain doesn't want to remember this place and I need to trust it before I come to a decision if I do want to remember.'